This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Engine of Change
RP Wanted The Portal 
Aurelia the Hopebringer
Currently championing: None
AURELIA

The girl rambles about magic (or the loss of it, rather) and Aurelia listens patiently. When she mentions a being that seems to enjoy stripping horses of their magic, one part of Aurelia fears for her flame magic, but another part of her is silently excited. A being that creates chaos? Aurelia's sweet spot. In some weird twisted way, the presence of chaos calmed the mare's nerves about being somewhere new and foreign. Was this land all about chaos? Would the strange pegasus mare finally, finally, fit in? Only time would tell.

Aurelia's eyes glance back down at the filly momentarily. Is she even a filly? She's already large and impressive looking beside Aurelia, who is a slightly smaller mare. Perhaps this stranger is just youthful looking and not truly a foal. Aurelia ponders this possibility, completely zoning out for a few seconds. Only minutes ago, Aurelia was snappy and irritable, but now seemingly calmer in a 180-degree mood swing (typical for the likes of Aurelia). The mare-filly divulged a lot of information in a short amount of time, and it sated Aurelia’s intense curiosity for now. It is plausible that in 5 minutes she will once more be searching for answers and grow irritated when they are not given at in a moment’s notice.

The stranger tells Aurelia she came from the huge portal everyone went through- well, everyone but Aurelia. ”I don’t know how long I was there after everyone left because the thing is, there is no time, no night, no day, no life  she stated plainly. ”The gods were slain, the territories demolished, the land itself destroyed,”  she continued. ”I was in that chaos for as long as I could be without dying and then just moved to the outskirts of Helovia planning on where I would venture to next... maybe back to my homeland? Unfortunately, the portal swallowed me before I could leave, just as it had with everyone else.. just slightly delayed. ” The tale of Aurelia’s late arrival is not a supremely interesting one, but it is enough to properly answer the stranger’s question.

"If this is a sentient being, the one who's robbing the mortals of magic," she began, her voice floaty and curious as if asking the world, not just the stranger. "Has anyone ever asked it why? Even if it doesn't speak, you may be able to understand it more by speaking to it and seeing how it reacts." Non-verbal replies were just as important as verbal ones, after all. Maybe it's the worst question she could've asked, but maybe it wasn't. Should the beast come for her magic, she’d have an array of questions for it. "Even if there’s a chance it completely ignores questions, it’s worth a shot.” Aurelia cocked her head slightly, trying to organize her thoughts. Her mind was a tornado of feelings, ideas, theories, and more. Upon losing her bonded companion, she lost a lot of her sanity. Where part of her soul has been ripped out is now a void. Her thoughts and feelings reflect this. The stranger should easily be able to tell as Aurelia works out her ideas in her head she grows more and more confused. Rift-monster theories that made sense in her head seconds ago no longer make sense. Similarly, things that never made sense are suddenly obviously clear. As her head returns to its natural position, no longer cocked, a dazed expression crosses her features.

In attempt to salvage the conversation and return from the brink of a downward spiral, Aurelia completely changes the topic. "Do you have herds here? Territories? What is this place?” By throwing a myriad of questions at the stranger, she hopes they will take her away from the confusion surrounding their last subject.

chaos is only understood
when it is loved by the wild, not the weak
image || coding
{Image: 1zxwow6.jpg}

Messages In This Thread
Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-21-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-21-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-21-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Otem - 12-21-2017, 10:13 PM
RE: Engine of Change - by Aurelia - 12-22-2017, 12:53 AM