This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Insurgent
Private Ultima 
Volterra
Currently championing:

V O L T E R R A
OH, MY EYES ARE SEEING RED
DOUBLE VISION FROM THE BLOOD WE'VE SHED

She takes his outburst unwaveringly, with no efforts to placate him. Such efforts would have been in vain, so he's glad that she does not even attempt it. It quickly becomes apparent that she was testing him, trying to see whether he has the resolve necessary for whatever she is about to ask of him. Whilst the beast does not appreciate such tests, as even a blind man could see his indomitable defiance and steely strength when it comes to things he's passionate about, he can see where she is coming from. Whatever she wishes to do must be important, and the monolith listens eagerly, with ears rammed forward.

Her first comment is met with a frown. Maybe he is naiive or even stupid, but he refuses to give up on getting back home. "I do not think it is impossible to return home. Kaos brought us here - he can just as easily send us back. I see where you are coming from, though, and confess that my resources could be better placed elsewhere instead of blindly searching for something that I may never find." Volterra is showing a self-awareness that he often lacks, in that he's not allowing his innate arrogance to overrule his admission that he may be facing an impossible task. He will not give up on returning home, but he does accept that he may never succeed, and that he might be better off focusing his strength elsewhere rather than wasting it on a fool's errand.

His expression turns aghast as she suggests simply going along with Kaos's plans. He does not respond with the surprise he feels, nor does he shoot the mare's ideas down as he could have done - instead he simply asks his questions, keeping his voice level and neutral. "What do you believe that will achieve? How do you think such knowledge will aid us against Kaos?" As far as he can see, learning more about this godforsaken place will not actually aid them in bringing Kaos down, unless by some miracle they find something that can destroy him. That is unlikely; a creature as intelligent and manipulative as the heathen god will surely have removed anything that could harm him.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Insurgent - by Erthë - 07-28-2017, 12:20 AM
RE: Insurgent - by Volterra - 07-30-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: Insurgent - by Erthë - 07-31-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: Insurgent - by Volterra - 08-03-2017, 07:18 PM
RE: Insurgent - by Erthë - 08-04-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: Insurgent - by Volterra - 08-06-2017, 05:24 PM