This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
the otherside
RP Wanted The Portal 
Rikyn
Currently championing:

Duir tumbles wildly out into the wild lands.

Others are roughly deposited out with him, but the buck is too distracted with his own shaken emotions and fear to really notice them.  Bleating with pain as he thuds and tumbles across the ground, his sounds silence all together when he strikes a tree, and the whorl of the world suddenly comes to a sudden halt.  Ears back, his hoofs grope erratically at the earth and loam, and the pervasive scent of foul magic penetrates his senses; on his feet, his knees tremble, and his forest green eyes look around the smoke riddled forest with an apprehension so great he is sure it will overwhelm him.

Tentatively, he quietly bleats into the surrounding woodland, reaches with his mind for mine… and finds it absent.  Terror wells within him, having never been alone, and with a coldness that leeches through his veins like ice, inch by inch, he leans back against the gnarled, soft with moss tree which had stopped his wild tumble into this world of horrors and loneliness.

Unsure how long he is this way before I’m suddenly hurled out in front of him, the numb buck looks down at my wildly flailing legs and erratic curses with wide eyes that don’t quite believe what he’s seeing – that is, until my wild, electrical ball of emotions strikes his relatively quiet mind like a white hot bolt of sky-fire riddled hurricanes.  With a delighted bleat, he bounds towards me, throwing his deer-body against mine (still partway to the ground, me being in the midst of getting to my hooves and all), and I grumpily accept the embrace, wondering what’s gotten into him.

"For fuck’s sake, I told you I was coming," I quietly remark, but I can feel his trembling, and quickly try to be less, well, shitty about him needing me.  Still, I push him off with my nose, and get to my hooves, to get a good look around me at the, well, scary hell-hole we’ve been thrust into.

It’s dark, depressing, and gives me the feeling that, at any moment, we might be attacked by creatures with glowing eyes and venomous pincers.  Duir concedes that he feels similarly with a nod of his head, looking around us at the terrible woodland.  Struck suddenly with the thought of the smoke curling out of the bodies of those who’d tried to fight, I shut my eyes, and shake my head, hard, feeling my belly roll in a dark, angry way.

I think, instead, of Arleigh’s face, full of pain, riddled with tears, and Glacia’s fear, Gwyn’s silent, hopeless stare, or Erebos’ hateful glower...  It hurts, but less than the memory of Aithniel, breaking apart into light, or the image of the Aurora Basin, my home, warping and dissipating into the shadows forever.

"Have you seen the girls yet?" I ask, looking down at Duir, that one word entailing all of them, their faces and who they were to me swimming into one, fatefully frightening image of a family I was afraid to lose, but afraid, also, to admit were important to me, "or the others?  Weaver?  Erebos?  Wessex and Tiamat?  Anyone?"

Slowly, he shakes his head no; he disguises his shame from me, that he’d never looked, but it still courses like a long, low note through the song of our bond.  Taking it to mean he misses and worries for them, too, I set off (my buck trailing along after me), despite my trepidation to be within this creepy woodland at all, all the while looking about for those who were most important to me.

SWP participant

Magics:

{*]SAFE PLZ \n:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Ability to manipulate electrical currents in the nerve system to control victim\'s bodies ] \n :: [ Restrictions | Requires intense concentration, and only lasts for one attack or defense with the inability for mind control; lasts up to one post outside battle ]\n{*}DANGERZONE \n:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark (U) | The ability to painfully short circuit the electrical impulses of another\'s brain with electricity, also causing temporary loss of control over their physical responses. ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Lasts 20 seconds in battle. ]\n{*}SAFE PLZ \n:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Can take on the voice and appearance of individuals after physically touching them for >3 seconds. ] \n:: [ Restrictions | Can only \"recall\" three forms; form can only be used once without touching the individual again. ]\n \n \nEnchanted items\n{*} SAFE PLZ :: [ Item: Enchanted Jewlery | A bronze leg band with an onyx stone that is always cold to the touch and occasionally sparks with harmless electricity. ]\n\n \nRift-god / Kaos items\n{*}2 Kaos Amulets\n\nAmulets : 4 total (2 Kaos)\n\nCompanion/s :\n[*} Duir :: [ Companion: Cerndyr | Mythical, royal | Earth Spirit | 1 yr 2 mos ] Born May 5, 2016 – Rift Birth Date: 1172 Late Drench

Species change (if applicable) :  n.a

Requests: Please keep his Puppet magic and the Shifting magic.  Roll for the upgraded magic. :D 

He has these non-enchanted items from Helovia:
:: [ Item: Necklace | A pendant which is comprised of a two inch long elliptical black mirror encircled by decorative white gold scroll work and diamonds. It dangles from a sturdy white gold chain, which is worn looped around the neck. ]
:: [ Item: Bronze Shoulder Armor | Defensive. Bronze/steel alloy shoulder piece with runes; attached by black rope harness with gold threads. ]
:: [ Item: Bronze Horn Ring | With gold inlay detailed with runes and "all that glitters is not gold." ]
:: [ Item: Jewelry | A bronze leg band. ] 

Art by Esa82@DA

Messages In This Thread
the otherside - by Rikyn - 07-13-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: the otherside - by Weaver - 07-13-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: the otherside - by Oizys - 07-13-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: the otherside - by Rift Presence - 07-13-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: the otherside - by Gwyn - 07-13-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: the otherside - by Mortuus Nox - 07-13-2017, 08:07 PM
RE: the otherside - by Rift Presence - 07-13-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: the otherside - by Erebos - 07-14-2017, 12:08 AM
RE: the otherside - by Glacia - 07-14-2017, 12:30 AM