This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
sing a little song
Open Riptide Isles  Volterra / Thranduil
Delia
Currently championing:
There is a little pond before me, smooth and calm and cool. The skies above are stormy, but for now, the rain has halted. It has made the pool a perfect mirror, and I am using it as best I can to primp and preen. Earlier, while it rained, I submerged myself in the pond, carefully making sure that any lingering dust upon my pelt was gone. Now the dusty purple of my coat shines gently, even in the dim light afforded by the cloudy sky. My mane has dried into a silken sheet, and even my tail is cooperating. It is always a toss up, washing my tail. I keep it braided and tied up off the ground, and at times it seems that bathing only leaves it more tangled and dirty than before. Not so, today, though. Today, it is all but perfect.

The long, trailing feathers that sprout from my shoulders have dried to a glossy black sheen; it takes a mere shudder to coax them into place. I arch my neck carefully, fluttering my lashes at my reflection. What I see is satisfactory; plenty have fallen prey to me with my appearance much more disheveled than this. While I have magic to aid me in my games and help manipulate those weaker-willed than I, I don't like to rely on it. It's much more satisfying to coax someone into falling love with me with just my charms, such as they are.

I shrug into my scarf, it's double loops settling pleasantly around my neck. It takes a little extra doing, but the transparent trails finally fall into place around my rump, accenting my curves nicely. With a final flirtatious smile, I turn away from my reflection, my orange eyes glancing at my surroundings. Well, there are worse places to wait, I suppose. I chose these isles because it takes a certain level of strength to get here through the choppy, stormy waters of Drench. If I find someone to play with, I can be reasonably assured that they are worth my time. This clearing I chose because it has the pond, a lovely feature, and is surrounded by thick trees, creating a sense of privacy. Earlier, I cleaned the ground of twigs and stones, leaving only luscious grass revealed.

With me in its center, this clearing will no doubt call others like a siren's song. I settle in to wait, watching the shadows from beneath lowered lashes.

@Volterra
@Thranduil
Either or both welcome!

Messages In This Thread
sing a little song - by Delia - 07-21-2017, 08:26 PM
RE: sing a little song - by Volterra - 07-22-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: sing a little song - by Delia - 08-14-2017, 12:25 AM
RE: sing a little song - by Volterra - 08-14-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: sing a little song - by Delia - 08-18-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: sing a little song - by Volterra - 08-28-2017, 12:34 PM