This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
We Two Queens
RP Wanted The Portal 
Kahli
Currently championing:

Kahli
what was stolen must be returned

Today is my birthday.

It is my birthday, and I am old. Well, I suppose being five isn’t that old, but still, if I was a less proud creature, I’d probably be sulking about. But I am old enough to remember. Things weren’t fantastic with our gods growing corrupted by their power, but those had been better times than this. Our land has grown wild in the seasons following their disappearance, and it disgusts me that no one has claimed their thrones and returned peace to our once beautiful lands. Great portals had torn open our sky, and many had left, retreated, abandoned their home, and I hated them for it. I hated them, and they deserved to be crushed, and have the lowest of creatures pick their bones clean. They deserved reincarnation, so their new shiny bodies could be trampled, and the cycle would repeat. And those damned Helovians, how they had struck down our gods, destroyed any chance we had of restoring them to their glory, it makes me sick just thinking of their smiling faces, their bastard children, how they sing and dance and fuck under a warm sun and cloudless skies. But no, I can’t think of that, because it will ruin this neutral bored mood I’ve embraced today, because it is my birthday, and like hell I’m going to let a foul mood ruin what little joy remains. The three years that had crawled past have left me tired, and I’m sure my sister would agree. She was young when everything had happened, but if she is as clever as she is beautiful, she will remember.

We will always remember.

But, regardless, this anniversary of my springing from the womb of some whore has been bland. I am bored, so insufferably bored, so me and my sister find ourselves wandering around, trying to find some fun. We’ve found little success hunting this day, as if all of the small creatures of our land have found something better to do, so we just leisurely stroll through the shadows, the neon lights casting our shadows long before us.

“Tell me, sister,” I croon, never deviating my watchful eyes from the path before us, “How am I possibly expected to enter my sixth year of life in such a mundane way? Honestly, things just seem to get more and more monotonous. Nothing left to hunt, none left to play games with. What are two sisters to do?”

As if the deceased deities have heard my prayers, the air seems to quiver, to groan, and gods if this is death I am so ready. Anything to spare me from another moment of aimless ambling. Screams, flashes of light, names screamed into the nothingness, gaping portals appearing through the trees. A smile spreads across my face, and my smile, jagged canines and all, are probably flashing dangerously white. The forest comes alive for the first time in years, and I am ready.

This time my eyes meet Delia’s, and I don’t attempt to hide my excitement. “What do you say, Delia, should we go greet our newly arrived guests?” But before she can answer I’m already off, trotting happily through the darkened brush, and the glimmering eyes watch me from within their shadows.

Today is my birthday, and this is the best gift of all. 

NATIVE RIFTIAN

JOINING MAGIC

-can transform into a glowing white ghost form. Appears all white, with hair effected by an invisible breeze.
-Can effect heartbeats (can send someone into short dysrhythmias, causing breathlessness, dizziness, and nausea, or can reduce heart rate in someone nervous or scared to calm them)

Joining Custom Item:
Horseshoes that prevent the wearer from creating noise with movement. Wearer can still intentionally make noise, and creates normal sounds through speech.

Not sure if these are mutations? But she has a fur "collar" and sharp canines
Delia
Currently championing:
Since when has the Rift gotten to be so boring?  I remember a time when it teemed with life, presenting my sister and I with innumerable opportunities for fun and excitement.  We aren't difficult to please, she and I.  All we ask for is prey to hunt and toys to play with.  Surely that can't be so difficult to provide?  But in the years since our gods were destroyed, our prey has fled, our toys with them, and she and I have simply wandered here and there in an effort to pass the time.  I realize that our gods have been destroyed, but come now - where did the game run off to?  Where did the life of our land go?  Oh, right, I remember - the Helovians stole it from us.

It is Kahli's birthday today.  In years past, we've always been able to find something to satisfy us on celebration days.  Today, though, there is nothing.  I sigh heavily, my long, trailing feathers wilting with disgust.  The actress in me relishes the dramatic display, and as though to place the metaphorical icing on the cake, I toss my head scornfully, glaring at the vegetation that surrounds us.  "It is a rather mundane day, isn't it?" I agree, contempt lacing my words.  "Why, this simply won't do at all.  A mare of your caliber should have -"  Screams interrupt me, and for s moment I scowl. How dare they interrupt me?! But then I remember that this is not my day.  It's Kahli's. And she is smiling, a sight I haven't seen in quite some time.

I don't bother with a response to my sister's query, for I am already sashaying through the forest beside her.  Too long has it been since we had anything of substance to play with - our excitement is nearly palpable, an almost physical force that pulls us through the trees. I preen as we trot, shaking my feathers into an array pleasing to the eye, tossing my head until my mane falls just right. Kahli can have her young longs - gods only know why she likes to take children so much.  I prefer adults, particularly of the male variety.  If they can amuse me long enough, sometimes I even let them live.

I wonder how many of the screams will be worthy of my attention.

"Happy birthday, dearest sister," I murmur playfully, my eyes glinting with hunger.  "In light of your special day, you should even take first pick."

---

NATIVE RIFTIAN

Magics:
{*] SAFE: When she wishes, her feathers excrete a neurotoxin that affects a victim when it is touched.\n{*} Can manipulate hormones in a victim\'s brain to alter their emotions.\n\nMutations: \n[*} Has fangs instead of normal teeth; omnivorous.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The sisters were never unnoticed by the Rift…just forgotten in the wake of the taxing experience of simply remaining in existence. But now… with this influx of life and light and magic and breath and and and… everything, the shadows returned their attentions to these two, mix-blooded creatures.

For a few, long moments the darkness remains at bay…perhaps these queens are safe?

Nah.

As quick as a gasp, the shades tighten around the two. Stealing light and leaving only a bright vein of red fluorescence on your retinas. It’ll burn there for a while, before leaving you as bereft as the shadows.
the Rift

[ACCEPTANCE NOTES : KAHLI ]

Magic:
Transformation: Can transform into a glowing white ghost form.
Offensive: Can affect heart beats. Own heart mimics whatever change eliciting in others.

Items:
Defensive: Horseshoes that emit a continuous ‘static’ noise.

Mutations:
Fur collar
Sharp canines

Please list what species compose your ‘hybrid’ in your profile! Welcome :)

[ACCEPTANCE NOTES : DELIA ]

Magic:
Defensive: Can cause feathers to secrete neurotoxin.
Offensive: Can manipulate hormones in a victim's brain to alter their emotions. Using magic causes Delia to temporarily fall madly in love with victim.

Mutations:
Fangs

Please list what species compose your ‘tribrid’ in your profile! Welcome :)
Kahli
Currently championing:

Kahli

She fusses and puffs and preens, like some sort of elegant swan, despite her predatory nature. “Your hair looks fine, I say, teasing her, despite the fact that I roll my shoulders, letting my collar of fur fluff and wave, and prey that my horns are at their best. Ha! That’s funny, as if I would ever look less than presentable in public.

I come to a stop, lifting my head high. “Of course, when do I ever follow after you and pick up your scraps? I am first born, after all.” A playful sparkle lands upon my eye, and I smile at her. “Yet, I’m not sure how I should present myself this beautiful eve. Should I be me, au natural? Or is tonight a good night for a dramatic entrance?”

The mists swirl around my legs as my body begins to shift. It pulls, it ebbs, it flows. I toss my head skyward, feeling the fibers of my being transform. It’s liberating, it’s formidable, it’s dramatic, and god if that doesn’t describe me nothing else will. But something is different this time. My transformation, usually smooth, easy, relieving, it is excruciating. Everything tears and rips and cracks and holy shit is this terrible. I grind my teeth, I feel my smooth face wrinkle, and a snarl erupts from my jaws as I stand like a pillar of salt, still and paralyzed, for what seems like ages. I will not scream, I do not cry, but I want to break bones and smash hearts and force this pain onto somebody else. “What. Is. Happening?” I manage to hiss between my teeth, but finally it passes, and I lift myself up, crowned head high, victorious and furious and ready to strike.

My mortal form has passed, and I stand within the swirling white, dressed in my favorite form. I stand pristine, having shed all of my markings. I enjoy my ghostly glow, my semi-transparent body, as I step daringly towards my sister. Despite my semi-transparent appearance, I am shockingly real, and the anger that radiates through me is palpable. “This land has grown wilder than I remember. It probably has something to do with them. As if they haven’t already done enough…” I trail off, haunting eyes snapping to my sister. I then scoff lightheartedly at her. “Though I get pick of the litter, I’ll gladly take into consideration that which you tend to desire.” My sister, coy and cunning, is as capable of monogamy as a praying mantis. I can always tell by her radiant glow and the blood she preens from her feathers that she has enjoyed a certain kind of unrepeatable companionship.

But me? There is a certain punishment I relish in enacting. Once, so many moons ago, a stallion decided that I was his god given right. Thankfully there had been no permanent repercussions from his actions to carry upon my shoulders or within my womb, but I wanted to make sure he paid up for the goods he thought were free. I’ll never forget his faithful mate, her begging cries, as I corralled their foal into the darkness, forcing him with bites and magic into an open clearing, filled with unfiltered moonlight. How the stallion had rampaged towards us, his mare following in his wake, breaking free from the trees, and how I watched his pitiful face as I crushed tiny bones beneath my hooves. But I am not a ruthless creature, for I know that for a mother to see her child killed would have haunted the woman forever. So I reached out, felt her heartbeat within my minds eye, how it raced and throbbed and ached, and I slowed it. I slowed it and snuffed it and the woman fell to her knees, collapsed beside her child, passed on to a place where she could never be tortured by a life ruined by her husband’s deeds. It had been difficult to escape the stallion, but he had been unable to touch me as I danced away upon ghostly heels. I still remember his cries. I will never forget. It also proved that sometimes you don’t need to apply physical harm to the one who has wronged you. I never laid a hair on him, yet his world fell to pieces as he saw what I was capable off. It was a useful tactic, and all too easy, at that.

So tonight as I wear my robes, I know that there is only one way to satisfy my hunger to spill blood and force them to repay their debts. They had no concerns about us when they had acted as vigilantes, so I would hold no remorse. They forced my hand.

Yet, this should be discussed first, to know if I was alone in this whole thing. “Does your magic feel distorted? I have never suffered through a transformation before. Perhaps we may try it on each other, just to be safe.” A smile lands upon my lips, knowing that these games have always been fun, and that we’ve felt each other’s keen sting before. Maybe this time would be different. And maybe, just maybe, a single thing has remained the same.

“You first.”

@Delia `
Delia
Currently championing:
We've always had a rather unique relationship, my sister and I. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't think herself better than me, or if I don't think myself better than her. I don't, really - we are a perfect pair, a matching set, in personality if not in looks. She goes after her prey, and I go after mine. After, we trade stories and secrets and clean the blood from one another's mane.

Sisters are far better than anyone else, that way.

"Fine is never quite good enough, dear sister," I remind her, scoffing playfully at her words. "I must be exquisite." I doubt she's really listening, fluffing her collar of fur and preparing herself to greet our new neighbors as she is. In any case, I am satisfied. It is rare that my appearance doesn't inspire awe in my victims. I really am lovely to look at - no, it's not vanity. It's simply the truth.

I let her comment about being firstborn slide - as I said, we are a pair, equal but different, however much we may jest or tease - and tilt my head to the side, batting my lashes. "It is always a night for a dramatic entrance." A feral smile crosses my face briefly and I share it with my sister before replacing the expression with my carefully trained mask of innocence.

Mists swirl and I relax, watching Kahli's transformation with a look of mild interest. It doesn't surprise me, to see her switch from mortal to ghost, but I must admit that it is an intriguing shift. After a moment, though, my smile falters, replaced by a small frown. Her hiss confirms what I have already guessed: something is very wrong.

"Kahli?!" I whisper, the sound cutting as I step forward, exploring her ghostly body with my muzzle. I can find no indication of injury, nothing that might have caused whatever had happened to cause her anguish. "You know we never pick the same ones," I purr, but the words are just slightly rushed, the teasing spark in my eyes just barely dimmed. I am worried for her, and though few others would pick up on the difference, I am sure that my sister can see it, if she is paying attention.

When she suggests testing our magic on each other, I shrug. I won't use poison, not when we are just about to start our fine evening. I reach instead for a tiny thread of magic, using it to analyze Kahli's emotions. With just a tweak there and a bit there, she should be feeling a mild euphoria that has nothing to do with our evening's plans.

Odd - I never noticed how the moon glistens on her ghostly form. Intrigued, I allow the magic to continue, leading her into a high not unlike that provided by some of the more entertaining plants in our land. She really is quite lovely, isn't she? I mean, we share many qualities, being sisters, but there is something about her. I find myself leaning slightly forward, watching her almost dreamily...

With a start, I pull back, cutting off my magic suddenly. Why, that is no way to think of my sister! I don't even think about my prey that way, and I all but bed them! My lips press almost imperceptibly together, my breath coming just slightly too quickly. "What have they done?" I hiss, fury lacing my words. "It's - it's broken!"

@Kahli
Kahli
Currently championing:

Kahli

My mind alights, and I feel as though I am beginning to drift, the edge of my vision blurring. I am euphoric, and I marvel at my sister’s magic. I don’t notice the way her gaze softens, how she tenderly steps forward, how she enjoys my body and presence in a sick and twisted way. The feeling fades as she hisses, and I step away from her, a brow raising. Her words ring true, and I’m glad that I am not alone in this suffering. I begin to shift back, and again my body is on fire, and I wish I was still riding that high as my body began to materialize. “Fuck!” I snap, my pelt quivering along my spine, and again I am frozen for another minute. “Mine, too. My transformation is excruciating. I’ve never struggled before, nor have I ever known pain like that.” My nostrils flare in anger. “I won’t even touch you with my other magic. I feel no desire to stop your heart should something go horrifically wrong.” I’ll save that little surprise for a later date, when I couldn’t care less about the repercussions, should they be fatal.

“This is their fault,” I say, casting my gaze back to the trees, towards the panic unfolding, wishing the forest wasn’t obscuring my vision. “It’s like something has possessed our land. This needs to be stopped.” Again, I look back to her. We have endured so much, she and I, and I know that she is strong and cunning, and could survive in any world she was thrust into. But I also know that, should trouble befall her, I would be there. And should she ever fall to these outsiders, there would be hell to pay.

Tonight is the perfect night to prowl, though I’m unsure if it is the best time to strike. We have no knowledge of these creatures, and any bold and brazen confidence I had has begun to fray. If their sudden arrival is enough to corrupt our magic this badly, what else would their presence cause?

“I think,” I state slowly, a frown marring my features, “that we need to be calculating. I know that we always are, but these wicked creatures bring with them corruption and destruction. Just as they destroyed our gods, they are already working on destroying our magic.” It bothers me knowing that I am obviously distressed by their bombardment, though I am happy it is only my sister who is able to see this weakness. “Perhaps tonight we should observe, and attempt to commune with the others, and discuss our findings. I’m sure that we aren’t the only ones to notices these changes.”

I shrug gently, unsure how bold she is feeling. Either way, we will follow each other into this dark night, and I know she shall remain by my side until the shadows pick our bones clean. We are queens, and there is no reason to be dethroned before our reign has a chance to become a little bit more powerful.

Delia
Currently championing:
I am too busy fuming to notice her transformation back to her normal self, shaken and infuriated by the emotions that had taken over. Never before have I fallen prey to that which is uninvited or unwanted; I am filled with a helplessness that I cannot explain. I hate it. I am not helpless. I am not some weak mare that gets carried away with her emotions! If what Kahli says about the broken state of our magics is true, then we must make these intruders pay dearly for what they have wrought.

Were it not for my dear sister, I would already be on my way towards those shrieking imbeciles. Why, they would be such easy prey, panicked as they sound. We could pick off some of the more frightened easily, perhaps even luring some of them away from the others. It would be a massacre, a thought that I relish. My eyes gleam with hunger as I consider the possibilities, my long, poisonous feathers spreading in the air. But, thinking of my seduction magic and the disaster that almost came of using it even mildly upon my sister, my feral grin turns into a grimace. What if my poison has turned on me, too?

I remain silent, my lips pressed together as Kahli continues her monologue. For a moment, I wish she weren't right. I wish I could go right now and pay these idiots back for the pain they've caused. It would be stupid, but it would at least make me feel better. The silence stretches on, until finally I sigh, my nostrils flaring and vengeance lighting my eyes. "Fine," I spit irritably. "But we will be back." Don't get too settled, dear strangers. We will return.