This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
excuse me if I seem unimpressed
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Naerys
Currently championing:
naerys
There are plenty of new and unfamiliar noises that Naerys is in a near constant state of alertness, ears swiveling to determine what might be a threat and what might be just passing by. Not that she could easily flee from any potential threat - not this heavily pregnant and soaked to the bone. Flying seems like a completely impossible task - one that is likely to end poorly. With a silent mental nudge, she sent Petyr up into the trees - relying heavily on his keen senses. Yet, even with him on patrol, she couldn't quite bring herself to relax. Still tense, the girl attempts to shift her weight into a more comfortable position (but what comfort can be truly had so late in pregnancy?)

Any and all attempts at seeking comfort, without delving further into the unknown by herself, in this dark yet glowing world are only met with more discomfort. Or so it seems. Perhaps it is due to this foreign place or perhaps it is simply due to being heavy with foal, either way it did little to make Naerys feel more friendly or social. In fact, the effects are rather the opposite. She'd kick a tree if she weren't afraid to face the potentially aggressive side effects. Somehow she'd ended up separated from her family and though she knows Alysanne, Iona, and Zoeya made it through, she still didn't know about Mauja, Kvasir, or Caenan. Any and all hope she might have had for the latter is effectively gone but the lingering twinge of anger and sadness remains tucked away inside her heart. Memories of Caenan only adding to her irritation - flattening her ears and exhaling sharply through flared nostrils.

Yet, the longer she stands in this dreadfully muddy place - somewhat hidden amongst the damp foliage of the rainforest - the thicker the bed of purple and white passionflowers beneath her becomes. They are one of the few constants in her tumultuous life. One of the very few reliable things. 'Some... near. Not look... threat.' Petyr's oddly broken and distorted voice interrupts her negative, brooding thoughts just in time for her to hear the sounds of steps growing ever nearer. She turns her head just in time for her teal gaze to fall on the dark unicorn mare - watches silently as the other mare stiffens and freezes in place, startled as clear as day. Naerys hears the mare stammering, listens to her apology and something about her not seeing her but it doesn't really sink in because her teal eyes almost instantly fall on the glowing red lightning-like markings on the mare's dark back. The Rift, she knew, changed those from Helovia when they stepped through - how many and how severely, she didn't entirely know but it made her wonder if she'd ever met this mare before. After all, she herself had been changed by the Rift. So when the nervous rambling seemed to stop, she shook her head lightly and returned her attention to meeting the mare's gaze. "Hm?" she murmurs softly, only just admitting she hadn't exactly been the most polite. "Oh! It's all right, really. I'm fine." she offers a soft, friendly smile - hoping, perhaps, to ease the mare's anxiety. "Those markings on your back are quite pretty. Did they always glow like that?" she asks curiously.

How easily she'd swept aside her discomfort, how easily she threw herself into this distraction. It is so readily welcomed; nearly desired. Her own surprise is rather clear when the other mare begins to apologize again. "What? Oh... no...no, really...it's...fine." her own words are somewhat jumbled, choppy and heavy with odd pauses as they slide from her lips. But that's only just the beginning. Soon the mare is dipping herself down into a bow but she doesn't stop with just a tip of her head, no. Soon she's lowering her knee into the muddy rainforest floor. "Oh! No no... no, please!" she practically begs, cringing internally at the sound of her knee sinking into the muddy goop. "You didn't have to..." she begins but her voice trails off in a soft sigh as the mare introduces herself. Akumi. The name doesn't sound familiar but that doesn't answer any questions of Helovian ties. "It's nice to meet you, Akumi. I'm Naerys, formerly of the World's Edge. Did you come from Helovia, too?" she asks outright, finding it best to remain open and honest in this particular moment. Akumi didn't seem like a threat, and though it's possible her judgment is off Naerys feels rather confident in this particular situation. "I'm all right, just tired of trying to find my way through these thick trees. I'm not as small as I used to be..." she adds with a soft smile, chuckling at her own size and lifting her wings briefly as if to gesture to her larger girth.

Her pregnancy wasn't entirely planned but she had to embrace it completely now. It wasn't exactly easy for her with her limited knowledge and exposure but then, most of it is reliant on instinct... right? Naerys exhales softly, hoping she'd successfully hidden her anxiety over the foal she'd be giving birth to in a matter of days. There were so many questions rolling around in her head that simply couldn't be answered by anyone else. Only time could grant her the answers.
musonart!

@Akumi
Sorry for the delay! Life got busy all of a sudden. Aw, thank you! Akumi sounds super pretty, too! I'm excited to see how these two click <3
IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME
{Image: icon_naerys_by_nikkayla.gif}

permission for all except death and dismemberment
** please tag naerys in replies **

Messages In This Thread
excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Naerys - 07-20-2017, 06:38 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Akumi - 07-26-2017, 12:52 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Naerys - 07-30-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Akumi - 08-01-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Naerys - 08-13-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Akumi - 08-29-2017, 12:40 AM