This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
excuse me if I seem unimpressed
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Naerys
Currently championing:
naerys
She did NOT need any reason to actually like the change in scenery. And yet, stepping through that damn portal did some nice things for her. It wasn't the color of her wings or the added feathers in places she hadn't had them before - that was just cool - but the fact that her amulets exploded and she felt nice was enough to leave her feeling a bit unnerved. Was it trying to lure her in with the intent to fuck her up later? Or did she simply have absurdly good luck? If it was luck, surely it had been used up in that very odd encounter. It hadn't been all positive, of course. The neon eyes and odd growling sounds were enough to send disturbed shivers down the spine. Then there was the rain, the incessant and seemingly endless rain that hadn't stopped falling since she'd landed on the wrong side of the portal. This place was like the wrong side of the tracks - there's a strong feeling of being watched and it doesn't feel harmless; it feels life-threatening and unpredictable. Just stepping through the portal placed a 'kill me' sign on her forehead.

Yet, it's extremely hard to push aside the latent feelings following the shattering of her amulets. Whatever that particularly strange magic was, it clung to her - overriding her anxiety before it could truly escalate, making her comfortable in this odd new place. Normally she would insist on flying when delving into the exploration of a new place but somewhere between this dreadful rain and her heavily pregnant body, the girl is stuck on the ground. A grounded bird is a vulnerable bird (and possibly even a dead one) but the choices are exceedingly miniscule. So Naerys moves away from the portal while Petyr quietly weaves the white strands of her mane into a loose, somewhat messy braid. Her progress is slow as she carefully picks her way through the trees and though it would be easy to blame it on her swollen sides (and somewhere in the depths of her mind, she does), there is no denying how thick the vegetation grows the further from the portal she goes.

The rain, the thickening rainforest, her larger size and lack of ability to really fly all contribute to an inevitable pause in her journey. With a snort and a frustrated stomp of her hoof, the young mare shakes her wings in an attempt to rid them of some of the water before clutching the newly green appendages tightly against her sides. There was still a lingering floral smell but it was somewhat difficult to tell if it was coming from her Rift-mutated feathers, the passionflowers growing around her hooves, or both. (Odds are in favor of the latter.) With her progress temporarily stalled, the mare lifts her teal gaze to scan her surroundings - ever alert for any potential danger. Naerys hopes for peace, for quiet but should the worst occur, at least the dual-bladed dagger is strapped to her left forearm. Odd how a simple blade can bring such comfort but death is usually imminent where hope does not exist.
musonart!

[ she's confused, grumpy, and pregnant. no attacks, please, don't want the unborn baby harmed. <3 otherwise, completely open! ]
IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME
{Image: icon_naerys_by_nikkayla.gif}

permission for all except death and dismemberment
** please tag naerys in replies **

Messages In This Thread
excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Naerys - 07-20-2017, 06:38 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Akumi - 07-26-2017, 12:52 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Naerys - 07-30-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Akumi - 08-01-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Naerys - 08-13-2017, 06:13 AM
RE: excuse me if I seem unimpressed - by Akumi - 08-29-2017, 12:40 AM