This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
We Two Queens
RP Wanted The Portal 
Delia
Currently championing:
We've always had a rather unique relationship, my sister and I. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't think herself better than me, or if I don't think myself better than her. I don't, really - we are a perfect pair, a matching set, in personality if not in looks. She goes after her prey, and I go after mine. After, we trade stories and secrets and clean the blood from one another's mane.

Sisters are far better than anyone else, that way.

"Fine is never quite good enough, dear sister," I remind her, scoffing playfully at her words. "I must be exquisite." I doubt she's really listening, fluffing her collar of fur and preparing herself to greet our new neighbors as she is. In any case, I am satisfied. It is rare that my appearance doesn't inspire awe in my victims. I really am lovely to look at - no, it's not vanity. It's simply the truth.

I let her comment about being firstborn slide - as I said, we are a pair, equal but different, however much we may jest or tease - and tilt my head to the side, batting my lashes. "It is always a night for a dramatic entrance." A feral smile crosses my face briefly and I share it with my sister before replacing the expression with my carefully trained mask of innocence.

Mists swirl and I relax, watching Kahli's transformation with a look of mild interest. It doesn't surprise me, to see her switch from mortal to ghost, but I must admit that it is an intriguing shift. After a moment, though, my smile falters, replaced by a small frown. Her hiss confirms what I have already guessed: something is very wrong.

"Kahli?!" I whisper, the sound cutting as I step forward, exploring her ghostly body with my muzzle. I can find no indication of injury, nothing that might have caused whatever had happened to cause her anguish. "You know we never pick the same ones," I purr, but the words are just slightly rushed, the teasing spark in my eyes just barely dimmed. I am worried for her, and though few others would pick up on the difference, I am sure that my sister can see it, if she is paying attention.

When she suggests testing our magic on each other, I shrug. I won't use poison, not when we are just about to start our fine evening. I reach instead for a tiny thread of magic, using it to analyze Kahli's emotions. With just a tweak there and a bit there, she should be feeling a mild euphoria that has nothing to do with our evening's plans.

Odd - I never noticed how the moon glistens on her ghostly form. Intrigued, I allow the magic to continue, leading her into a high not unlike that provided by some of the more entertaining plants in our land. She really is quite lovely, isn't she? I mean, we share many qualities, being sisters, but there is something about her. I find myself leaning slightly forward, watching her almost dreamily...

With a start, I pull back, cutting off my magic suddenly. Why, that is no way to think of my sister! I don't even think about my prey that way, and I all but bed them! My lips press almost imperceptibly together, my breath coming just slightly too quickly. "What have they done?" I hiss, fury lacing my words. "It's - it's broken!"

@Kahli

Messages In This Thread
We Two Queens - by Kahli - 07-17-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: We Two Queens - by Delia - 07-18-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: We Two Queens - by Rift Presence - 07-19-2017, 03:22 AM
RE: We Two Queens - by Kahli - 07-20-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: We Two Queens - by Delia - 07-21-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: We Two Queens - by Kahli - 07-22-2017, 01:44 AM
RE: We Two Queens - by Delia - 08-14-2017, 12:01 AM