This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
We Two Queens
RP Wanted The Portal 
Delia
Currently championing:
Since when has the Rift gotten to be so boring?  I remember a time when it teemed with life, presenting my sister and I with innumerable opportunities for fun and excitement.  We aren't difficult to please, she and I.  All we ask for is prey to hunt and toys to play with.  Surely that can't be so difficult to provide?  But in the years since our gods were destroyed, our prey has fled, our toys with them, and she and I have simply wandered here and there in an effort to pass the time.  I realize that our gods have been destroyed, but come now - where did the game run off to?  Where did the life of our land go?  Oh, right, I remember - the Helovians stole it from us.

It is Kahli's birthday today.  In years past, we've always been able to find something to satisfy us on celebration days.  Today, though, there is nothing.  I sigh heavily, my long, trailing feathers wilting with disgust.  The actress in me relishes the dramatic display, and as though to place the metaphorical icing on the cake, I toss my head scornfully, glaring at the vegetation that surrounds us.  "It is a rather mundane day, isn't it?" I agree, contempt lacing my words.  "Why, this simply won't do at all.  A mare of your caliber should have -"  Screams interrupt me, and for s moment I scowl. How dare they interrupt me?! But then I remember that this is not my day.  It's Kahli's. And she is smiling, a sight I haven't seen in quite some time.

I don't bother with a response to my sister's query, for I am already sashaying through the forest beside her.  Too long has it been since we had anything of substance to play with - our excitement is nearly palpable, an almost physical force that pulls us through the trees. I preen as we trot, shaking my feathers into an array pleasing to the eye, tossing my head until my mane falls just right. Kahli can have her young longs - gods only know why she likes to take children so much.  I prefer adults, particularly of the male variety.  If they can amuse me long enough, sometimes I even let them live.

I wonder how many of the screams will be worthy of my attention.

"Happy birthday, dearest sister," I murmur playfully, my eyes glinting with hunger.  "In light of your special day, you should even take first pick."

---

NATIVE RIFTIAN

Magics:
{*] SAFE: When she wishes, her feathers excrete a neurotoxin that affects a victim when it is touched.\n{*} Can manipulate hormones in a victim\'s brain to alter their emotions.\n\nMutations: \n[*} Has fangs instead of normal teeth; omnivorous.

Messages In This Thread
We Two Queens - by Kahli - 07-17-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: We Two Queens - by Delia - 07-18-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: We Two Queens - by Rift Presence - 07-19-2017, 03:22 AM
RE: We Two Queens - by Kahli - 07-20-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: We Two Queens - by Delia - 07-21-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: We Two Queens - by Kahli - 07-22-2017, 01:44 AM
RE: We Two Queens - by Delia - 08-14-2017, 12:01 AM