This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
hello, alone
RP Wanted The Portal 
Persephone
Currently championing:
Persephone
The sunset mare paused for a moment with the kitsune on her back, waiting for Alecto to settle. Unfortunately, it was bound to be a difficult journey for the fox-like creature. The widest place for her to perch was upon Persephone's haunches, but the unicorn's gait would make it hard for Alecto to balance even at a walk. The kitsune could attempt to balance on the mare's withers, but Persephone was rather dainty and there was little space for the fox there. After some thought, the poor thing carefully settled in the dip of the mare's back, her paws splayed to either side in an attempt to anchor herself in place. Persephone's lips trembled as she mentally reached out to comfort her companion, only to find an endless void where Alecto's conscience normally was.

Persephone was grateful for Kratos' question, when it came, for it distracted her from the prospect of a forever-silent bond. "Companions and their bonded share a mental connection," she explained to her old friend, falling into step with him. Kratos led the way, never too far ahead for conversation, but ensuring that she would not have to make any decisions regarding navigation. The sunset mare was eternally grateful to him; many of the feelings she had harbored for him as a child came rushing suddenly back, unbidden. It had been rare that she had felt that someone would take care of her in Helovia, so she had grown used to a certain level of solitude. The ease with which Kratos sought to calm her brought a solace and companionship that she hadn't known in years.

"In Helovia, I knew Alecto's mind as well as I knew my own. I could always see what she saw, hear what she heard, smell what she smelled." A small smile lit the unicorn's petite features. "It's odd, but those creatures destined to be companions to our kind - they are always born from eggs. I found hers, and raised her from the time she hatched. She learned speech much like one of our own young would, except she can only communicate mentally, and only with me. She was a great comfort to me during a difficult time; now she is very nearly an extension of myself. She's much more cheerful and friendly than I, though. I wish -" Her face fell. "I wish you'd have met her under normal circumstances. She loves to make new friends."

There was a brief silence after Persephone changed the subject, asking about their destination. Talking about her companion had somehow brought her back to solid ground, and Kratos' care for her well-being had calmed her racing heart. She was still uneasy and frightened, but it no longer had control of her. When the stallion suggested that they head for familiar ground and shelter, she nodded, hoping that he knew more of the Rift than she. If it was to Estanzia they were bound, she would find herself parting ways with her old friend far too soon.

"Speech."

OOC ;; x
Lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
hello, alone - by Persephone - 07-13-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: hello, alone - by Rift Presence - 07-14-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: hello, alone - by Kratos - 07-15-2017, 04:26 PM
RE: hello, alone - by Persephone - 07-15-2017, 10:32 PM
RE: hello, alone - by Rift Presence - 07-16-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: hello, alone - by Kratos - 08-01-2017, 01:30 AM
RE: hello, alone - by Persephone - 08-14-2017, 12:47 AM