This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
let's hear the sound of madness
RP Wanted The Portal 
Shahrokh
Currently championing:
tags & things --

I enter this world afraid, shaking and breathless because I know the fate that has befallen my mother, know that on the other side of the portal she shoved me through - she was gone. She may have not have been the strongest, healthiest presence in my life, but she was someone who made it better, she made it matter. She may have let things slip, unexpected chastising for so eagerly seeking to know as much as I could, to understand my world better through the gain of knowledge. She reprimanded me for scaring her when I would wander, never harsh, but never a gentle punishment either - she would warn of the great dangers our world held, and I would believe her, but at the same time I felt untouchable, that never in my life will I be in the grip of any danger she describes.

Oh how wrong I was, to stand there at her side while the world we knew fell apart, while Helovia collapsed beneath the malicious weight carried upon the shoulders of Kaos, a corrupt god seeking power, recognition, they killed mercilessly and ruined lives, leaving my mother to weep, leaving me to weep. She called for the Mother of Companions, for Phantom, she wept for the dead, for the ruined lives of her friends and she was crushed beneath the sorrow - she had told me so gently, so stubbornly, that she would not leave Helovia. She would not leave her home, that she would remain by it until its last moments, that it was filled with too many memories - good, bad and ugly - to leave, to toss aside and leap into a false sanctuary. She gave me everything, from the two feathers adorning her mane, her father's, to the crown of armour, the blossoming branch and the amulets that adorned her body - she gave them all to me, and she said her goodbyes. Amidst the catastrophic events, she apologized for never truly being there, for being too caught up in her own troubles to help me through mine, to guide me through the world the way a mother should. She left me with a chaste kiss to the forehead, hesitant and sweet all the same, meaningful but still so distant and foreign, before she shoved me back into the portal despite my sudden protest.

I landed harshly, splayed out across the cool, damp earth and gasping. The sound of the little shred of portal I had popped through ends in a pop! I'm left in silence, in absolute darkness (as I have been), but silence and fear brew together, egging one another on until I'm wheezing against the ground, taking in sharp breaths and falling into a despairing attack I hadn't been prepared for - the last I'd had an attack, the home that I finally settled into collapsed, destroyed by a band of power hungry, blood thirsty stallions who pillaged the hidden town and burned it all, who did not take care to look through the books or recognize the serene atmosphere, they came not to seek solace but more power, more blood to wipe against their skin and stain their hands. They were merciless, they took prisoners of the weak and broke the defiant, they took all we had and more, and I fled - I ran because I was scared, because I couldn't face them, but I tried. I remember the feeling of my forelegs being consumed by fire, warm and welcoming against my skin as I had struck out against a stallion seeking to take me as a captive - I remember how easily he evaded, how afraid I had been bolting with my tail between my legs, weeping as I ran directionless, purposeless. The only place I had felt at ease and it was gone, brought to ruin by bandits who just wanted to have fun.

So I panicked and sobbed for the first time since the fall of Svijest, I felt helpless and lost, I was grabbing for things that weren't there, for my mother, for anyone - but my hands kept coming up empty. I savoured the faint touches of my grandfather's feathers, of the weight of my mother's laurel, of the blossoming branch and the amulets that hang at my neck. I curled up, wings splayed out across the earth, and sobbed. It was loud, it was ugly, it hurt. I wanted to go back, to go back to Svijest, to Helovia, I wanted to hear my mother's voice, the cracks as she spoke of her past, of the history of our family, of far away places, of places close to home - but it was all gone now, and the distress tore at me, jagged claws and rage consumed me and I was left to weep against the dirt, raising my head only to acknowledge the footsteps of another. "Hello?"
“talk talk talk.”
-- table by velvette --

Magics:
- {SAFE} :: [ Magic: Fire | Hooves are engulfed in golden flames that cause minor to moderate burns ]
:: [ Restrictions | Burns last 3 threads and can cause gold markings if a pass is used ]
(idk how this would work here? but id like to keep the golden burns kinda thing, even if they're just temporary!!)
- :: [ Magic: Light | Connected to his twin, Alala, telepathically ]
:: [ Restrictions | Connection weakens with distance ]

Enchanted items
- {SAFE} :: [ Item: Armor | Defensive. Silver armor with two horns from the base of his ears, covers his forehead, shoulders, spine, upper portion of his barrel, and his haunches; collapses into a wreath around his ears. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Heavy when in full armor mode; requires assistance to take on/off. ]
- :: [ Item: Bronze branch charm | A small bronze branch that grows a new flower every morning. ]

Rift-god / Kaos items
- n/a

Amulets : 2, 1 sun & 1 moon

Companion/s :
- n/a

Species change (if applicable) : n/a

Requests: coming in with normal items:
:: [ Item: Feathers | Two golden feathers woven behind left ear. ]
:: [ Item: Set of earrings | Two golden studs and a cuff on left ear. ]
:: [ Item: Cuff & chain | A golden cuff with a chain that connects to the higher cuff on his left ear. ]
:: [ Item: Set of nose rings | A thick golden ring and small stud in left nostril. ]
{Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png}
this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair

Messages In This Thread
let's hear the sound of madness - by Dallilja - 07-13-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Shahrokh - 07-14-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Dallilja - 07-14-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Cahira - 07-16-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Shahrokh - 07-17-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Dallilja - 07-17-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Cahira - 07-18-2017, 03:55 AM
RE: let's hear the sound of madness - by Dallilja - 07-22-2017, 06:09 PM