This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Guided Discussion : Absence, Companions, Magic
Boom
Currently championing:
Absences

I really feel like they should be placed as inactive if they have been absent for over 30+ days and failed to update their date of return. There is really no penalty (that I know of) for putting your character as inactive, since you an remove them yourself without much hassle.

Companions
This sounds like a reasonable IC solution to an OOC problem. I think the RF is manageable for the second companions, if people are active enough.

Magic
I think the level restrictions are quite rough, to be honest, to the creative process at first. I understand the need to restrict these so harshly in challenges and what not, but I think just general IC posts should have more creative leeway in how much of your magic you can use. Of course, there should still be reasonable boundaries when you first start out - you can't throw massive fireballs or heal lethal wounds, but you should be able to bend more.

I agree with Odd that having it on our profiles would be nice. That way other people could quickly understand what limitations your character currently has, as well, just by looking at your profile.

I think fitting magic into the categories is a little hard when you have multifaceted abilities. Would there be a way to code cross between magics, for example: "offensive knowledge" (ex: absorbs energy from opponent and gains insight to their past) or "defensive healing" (ex: a shield which blocks damage and heals minor wounds)? That seems like the easiest solution to the conundrum, imo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guided Discussion : Absence, Companions, Magic - by Boom - 12-24-2017, 09:01 PM