This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Guided Discussion : Absence, Companions, Magic
Odd
Currently championing:
Absences:
I don't know that I really have an opinion.

Companions
I take it this is trying to solve the problem of "what happens if I have a companion when I come here, what's the IC reason I suddenly stop having them? I totally like the idea of them going wild. Maybe you run around trying to find them or something (maybe special 'companion-regaining RF things', like xx number of threads trying to find them/lure them back with food/etc?). If not, I'd definitely say keep the RF the same. There shouldn't be any off-site things that earn you advantages here.

Magic
I LOVE IT SO MUCH. The only thing that could be beneficial is coding it so that the restrictions also show up in char profiles? It's only one additional step to look in the guidebook to see what a level 3 immortality restriction is, but it would be nice to have it handier.

EDIT: The only amendment I'd make to what I said, is that I know I'm still pretty stuck in Helovia-thinking when it comes to magic. So I just realized that when I said I wanted otem to 'make hallucinogenic potions' I always intended to 'upgrade' it so that she could control the hallucinations. I now realize that isn't how this magic works. So I guess a question is whether or not magic can change/shift/etc or if you just go up one magic 'tree' and that's what you're stuck with?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guided Discussion : Absence, Companions, Magic - by Odd - 12-21-2017, 03:33 AM