This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Burn Card
RP Wanted The Portal 
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
Seeing is believing, I guess.

I understand the feeling of wanting to confront reality with your eyes, so I offer a solemn nod in response to her hurried justification.  I am not here to judge her, belittle her, or make her feel the fool.  I am truthfully uncertain why I am even here, having this conversation.

I know why I lingered at first around this young maiden, melancholy and alone in the woods, but now, I can no longer justify my presence - much less my unsolicited advice.  I guess there comes a time in life when we must accept certain flaws about ourselves.  Apparently, my flaw is that I have a tendency to lecture youths about life in the middle of forests, whether or not they wanted me to.

So you live here then?

I pause at the question, for I am really not certain if my existence in the Rift thus far can be considered living.  "As much as you, I suppose," my answer is honest, much the same as her own have been.  I think we are past the point of where I need to play with pleasantries and falsehoods.

The shuffle upon the girl's shoulders shakes my attention for a moment to the ruffling owl, apparently displeased with standing in one place for too long.  I wonder about the creature, for back home we had no such companionship with the fauna native to the forests.  Having an owl as a pet is hardly the strangest thing I have encountered thus far, though, so my gaze returns to the girl's face as she speaks.

She is seeking answers I am not sure I can provide.  For all my lecturing, I am still new to the area and know very little to offer in the way of our shared home.  So, I take a deep breath, considering how to best deliver the rather disappointing news that the land felt largely empty to the lost child before me.

"The natives do not seem particularly welcoming or helpful," I say, thinking back to the detached nature of Watcher, who I met not far from where we stood now.  "Much of the land seems to be vacant, and rarely do you meet with anyone else.  No one seems to have any particular authority over anyone else."

"I have a lot of experience being alone, though.  Personally, I much prefer the peace not having a herd or several to fight with over power," I take a pause to look her over.  "If you seek a herd, why not gather others together and carve out your own?"

"Not sure what stopped you Helovians from sticking together and doing just that.  You must be a rather dimwitted lot."
""
RAEIN.

Messages In This Thread
Burn Card - by Otem - 12-10-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-12-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-13-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-13-2017, 04:12 PM