This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Eyes in the Dark
RP Wanted The Portal 
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
I wonder with what authority K'yarie welcomes me to their home, but Watcher is fast to answer the question looming in my mind.  So, the odd pair are natives.  I cannot recall encountering any others, and Roscorro had mentioned none in our brief encounter.  The land he spoke of was called Helovia.

I offer the stallion a smirk with comment that they are the friendliest I might encounter.  I wonder what sort of hardasses Riftians are, if Watcher can be considered friendly.  The mare could easily be considered such, though I would posit she is more nosey than actually friendly.

Watcher disappears to the shadows, and I am frankly not surprised.  I suppose I am the distraction allowing him to escape K'yarie now, and he siezed the opportunity without a second thought.  The mare calls after him, but if he had looked back, I could not see.

Her velvet voice attempts to smooth over the damage dealt by Waker's comment, but I take it more as a warning from my new acquaintance.  She mentions that the natives tend to be particularly hostile toward Helovians, which I find strange; this realm destroyed their home, yet those of the Rift are hostile toward those left abandoned in this realm?  "Why do they dislike Helovians?" I muse aloud, teal eyes looking at my companion curiously.

I assume this mare views new arrivals as good things, whereas she implies Watcher is the latter - someone who couldn't give a shit.  Seems accurate, based on my brief interaction with the stallion.

Her cunning eyes look to me once more, prying further for my opinions on this realm.  I look about us, in the strange forest with disembodied eyes and eerie shadows.  How did I truly feel about this place, I wonder?  "A dog will often bite when cornered," I say, my voice a rich baritone sounding oddly warm despite the ugly image it describes.  "I think that is how this land feels.  The true nature of it is buried underneath fear and desperation."

She called it broken, and yes, I can definitely understand that description as well.  Broken beyond repair?  Perhaps, but I doubt I would have been sucked into this strange reality only to watch the world around me die.
Whatever twist of fate brought me here has a plan, I was certain.

"Other than that, I have not been here long enough to cast my judgment."
""
RAEIN.

Messages In This Thread
Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-02-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by K'yarie - 12-03-2017, 03:32 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Raein - 12-04-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-04-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by K'yarie - 12-04-2017, 04:26 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Raein - 12-06-2017, 05:15 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Rift Presence - 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-18-2017, 01:29 AM