This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Eyes in the Dark
RP Wanted The Portal 
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
I think little of the interaction between the two.

You see, for the majority of my life, I had not been allowed to live freely with my kin. I did not know of flirtatious women, their insidious tongues or desires. I knew not what appropriate contact was. Most of all, I knew nothing of what inappropriate contact would be.

I was the General's bastard son, never even mentioned until Cyphre's head was express delivered to our kingdom and thrust my face into the public. I was grown then, already developed into a whole being; because of my sheltered upbringing, social cues still made little sense to me. I became rather shrewd at discerning the motivations of others, but never when it came to matters of the heart. I suppose, being betrayed by your own flesh and blood will do that to you.

Pity.

So, when something resembling embarrassment floods the mare into jumping from the side of her companion, I do not understand it. I make no attempt to understand. I care little for whether or not the two have fornicated, for it's none of my damn business, frankly. The only relationship between the two that mattered was that they were more likely to ally with each other than me, so I had best be respectful in the coming moments.

The stallion seems bored, to be honest, and flatly uninterested in K'yarie, as he calls her with a dry voice and even drier expression. However, the mare seems unperturbed by his nature, smiling and purring and fawning on him still. I might find her game childish, if I even understood it was a game she was playing.

Nevertheless, he returns my greeting, albeit abrupt and gruff in his reply. I expected little more, given his response to the lively mare at his side. I briefly wonder if anything sparked his interest.

Her glowing eyes fall upon my sunkissed figure, hungrier than the Rift itself. I wonder what kind of creature she is - a femme fatale or something more amiable.

As she moves closer to me, I remain still, jeweled eyes watching her with careful precision. She only takes a step, and her posture suggests that she means me no harm. Still, in my mind, I see her more as a devilish woman or imp than friend. "I am Raein, miss," I respond to her question without hesitation. I offer no other hint of my history, not my position in the army back in space and time, not my family's name, nor my position in this world - as if I had any.

I notice how the shadows seems to come to life as she moves, reaching out toward the swirling galaxies on her pelt. I am frankly quite amazed by her coloring, never having seen a coat change and dance as if it held its own life before. However, my expression remains neutral; I have a sinking suspicion I do not want her to think I am curious.

I always trust my hunches.
""
RAEIN.

Messages In This Thread
Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-02-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by K'yarie - 12-03-2017, 03:32 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Raein - 12-04-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-04-2017, 03:56 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by K'yarie - 12-04-2017, 04:26 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Raein - 12-06-2017, 05:15 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Rift Presence - 12-09-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Eyes in the Dark - by Ruwin - 12-18-2017, 01:29 AM