This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
some natures catch no plagues.
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
I do not notice him at first, to be honest.

All the new sights and sounds in this land are beating against my skull like drums.  Everything desperately needs my attention, as my brain works on overdrive to learn of my new surroundings.  Besides, where in my former home I may have felt the presence of another, eyes being held onto my form, in this place, there is no such luxury.

Instead, the feeling of being watched is a permanent state, as far as I can tell.  Shapeless ghouls in the distance with their winking eyes make discerning whether or not you have company rather impossible.  If I still had my wings, I likely would have flown over this forsaken jungle and found somewhere with less shadows for evil souls to lurk within.  Alas, no use wasting more energy wishing for the impossible; I had already done that enough.

As I walk around the base of the silver line tree, my eyes catch on an alien movement.  Immediately, my gaze fixes upon the hulking figure of the beast.

I pause for a moment, in one of those moments where time ceases to exist and the world pauses around you.  This happens quite often in the heat of battle; a single second seems to stretch for minutes.

Quickly, I make judgments about my company.  He looks to be some sort of pegasus, by the look of wings folded behind his massive neck.  The horns which are strewn about his neck and face are smaller and stouter than those I am used to seeing.  The movement that caught my eyes is the swirling and dancing of smoke or fog coiling about his figure.  Based on the tension of his muscles, I take him for an aggressor.

"I would not attack me, if I were you, boy," I say confidently, my voice a warm baritone in the frozen jungle.  My gaze is unwavering and my expression neutral.  "You're at quite the disadvantage in close quarters with your size."

What might sound like desperate bluffing is merely fact.  A large brute has difficulty moving quickly, where as I am agile and trained in battle.  The tear of claws, should he land a blow on me, would certainly be devastating.  However, I am confident; perhaps, I was too confident being new to this land with little knowledge of its creatures.

Oh, well.  Can't take it back.
""
Raein

Messages In This Thread
some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM