This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
you'll be safe in my arms
Private Halcyon Flats 
Azarel
Currently championing:
{Image: 6dvj82.png}

Shadows swirled around the Scint River, old friends and foes climbing out to haunt their loved ones to their faces, sounding hearts breaking and foals crying. One clump however swirled further than the river, floating towards the thirsty flats of Halcyon - like a dark mist, nearly thick enough to cut through. A mix between a roar and a purr sounded in the dark shadows, forming the well-known silhouette of a mare and her jaguar. Travelling quickly towards the flats, the two shapes seemed determined to a fault. As they neared the two horned equines slowly sinking to their deaths, I stumbled as the black shadow jumped me, licking my neck and withers while hanging on to my back using her claws. Lucky for her, my skin had grown tougher against sharp knives for claws.

"Dezba! Calm down," I laughed, and the jaguar landed on the ground again. She stroked herself against my front legs before jumping up to stand on her hind legs, looking at me straight in the eyes. She was rather tall when standing on her hind legs, almost taller than me. The feline started to lick my face and I chuckled quietly. This was all a mere memory of my past, yet..

"I haven't been gone for that long. Where is Cahira and Azarel?" My children. Dezba didn't even have time to answer my question before I heard tiny, tiny hoof steps clicking against a stone floor. I looked up, smiling widely. Behind the newborn, stood my son, wearing an equally wide smile on his lips. "My loves..." It wasn't even worth it asking for Destry. She had probably escaped for good and wouldn't let me see her again - but I hoped she would forgive me. That scene wasn't real, the one playing out in my head. They - the children I had birthed - were in front of me, so very clearly drowning.

"Aza. Have you taken care of your sister for me?" I bumped my maw against the colt's neck as I spoke, breathing in his scent. It was earthy, blended with sweat and masculinity, just like a young stallion should smell. Except he was scented with the rusty tang of dried blood, blended with regret and lost power. My only son. Did he feel my maw against his scarred skin, did he feel me breathing into his long forelock? Most importantly.. did he see me?

"Azarel? Wake up. Please, love." Positions shifted and suddenly I was lowering my head to kiss the face of my daughter, but my memory changed into the now and a hint of panic stirred in me. "Mummy's home, Cahira," I whispered, smiling at her shaky legs and big, sparkling eyes. Her legs slowly disappearing, eyes twinkling as she saw someone else. Did she see me?. Even if her father was a heartless beast, she was nothing like him. She was mine. My daughter. And my daughter was sinking faster.
"CAHIRA! Get away from here! Please!" Dezba roared at the mare, white and all pristine even if wounded and bloodied. "Please, my child... Run." Looking back at my boy, he looked so distant.. as if in a dream.
"Azarel! Listen to me! Why aren't you two listening?!"

"Talking."
tags // @Cahira
wordcount // 535
ooc // Posted with Azarel because Rift Havoc was inactive :") will post as him later today!
texture by robostimpy.deviantart.com

EVERY SCAR WILL BUILD MY THRONE
Erae came closer, her soft maw touching mine and a ray of joy shone through me. Sweet child, sweet heiress of the Arazar throne. The chain around my neck hung heavy as I lifted my head above hers, heavier than usual actually but I thought no more of it. "I'm proud of you, my daughter," the words rolled off my tongue with ease. She was so much brighter than Ayla could ever be, despite not having the same godsblood in her veins. Being birthed by the Goddess of Wisdom had not actually helped the filly's older sister in the slightest. This was the perfect scenario, having a happy child by my side as we ruled this desert nation.

But.. Something was off. There was something that I had missed, a detail in this scene that made me shake uncontrollably and be on the verge of tears. Arazar's castle was fine, glittering in the sunlight in all its glory, and Erae was still smiling beautifully. Yet.

"Son."

Turning my head, I became a child as the castle and Erae disappeared behind me with a wisp. Staring down at me were two ruby irises, crackling with fire within, towering over me with majestic appendages covered in fiery feathers, stretched out on either side of the bright bodice he carried. My golden lips were trembling, tears filling up and rolling down my cheeks. "...Father?" Azzaron. The man who charmed my mother, whom helped conceive my sister in a heated passion before spawning me as a spark of hope. He whom I never saw more than a couple of times before he.. Something cut off my train of thought, making me shake my head and watch as the pegasus came closer. "Azarel, you've grown so strong. I'm so proud of you, my golden boy." I gasped for air and threw myself at my sire, hugging him as well as I could, my heartbeat going faster as his wings embraced my scrawny body.
Dad.

"Oh, how I've missed you, I love you dad," the words were light in tone, like a young and innocent colt who hadn't grown into his voice yet. I felt Azzaron's warming breath down my neck. "I love you too, son."
This would have been perfect. But something had to burn the perfect picture and reveal the danger in this scenario.

"AZAREL! Listen to me! Why aren't you two listening?!" Mum?
The father I hadn't seen in over thirty moons burnt up like dry grass in summerheat before my eyes. Tears continued to roll down before I saw them, screaming at me and... Cahira? "MUM!"

"Talk."
naia-art
ooc: LOUD CRIES
wc: 434
tags: @Cahira

Messages In This Thread
you'll be safe in my arms - by Azarel - 09-30-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: you'll be safe in my arms - by Cahira - 10-04-2017, 07:10 AM
RE: you'll be safe in my arms - by Azarel - 10-12-2017, 11:49 AM
RE: you'll be safe in my arms - by Cahira - 11-10-2017, 10:48 AM