This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The stealth system
Dressy
Currently championing:
So, I really do love the stealth system. I feel like it can add a lot of IC plotting opportunities. I have both stolen items and had items stolen from me. It sucks to have something stolen from you, but it was a super awesome IC development. Not only did it get the herd involved, but it also caused better relations with the herd lead that challenged for the item back. I love the system where someone has to IC see the person and item in order to steal it! This is so amazing! Now the thief will actually have to hunt for items they wish to " steal ". No more just looking at records and saying WOW SHINNY THING! then posting a riddle to steal it.

With that being said I LOVE the riddle system! It makes everyone sit back and think about it. I enjoyed looking through profiles and thinking about a little riddle that holds all the hints. It is super creative! I do feel like having to see the person with the item in a thread should still be implemented for the riddle system. I believe this will make it more realistic and make it more difficult for people to pick on others.

I will say I do not like the idea of Opting in/ out. I believe that stealing is good character development, and if someone thinks a specific person is taking OOC thing out on someone IC, it should be brought to the Admins attention. I feel the all-or-none option for opting in/out is maybe not the best Idea either. Then that essentially can make an " Untouchable" character. If someone who has opted out of stealth's and challenges gets a lead position in a herd? Will others still be able to challenge for the title, or steal a lead?

I think that having a safe item is so awesome! Maybe we can incorporate Rift force with adding another safe item? So there could be 2 safe items total after __ amount of Rift force. I feel like Items are the root of evil ( just like money ;D ). I think now that we are in the Rift and things are not as restricted ( like Magic, Items, and EVERYTHING ) this might help ease people over. In Helovia we needed a pass, but from my understanding we do not need one for here. This makes items plentiful! So you get your knife stolen? Have your character find a new one, or quest for an enchanted one!

CRAZY IDEA INCOMING

Now I also have another idea. Say George steals Sarah's super special enchanted mirror that has been passed down for generations. Sarah is super upset, and the rift is a magic ill place right? What if characters were allowed to curse the item? This could only happen ONE time per __ amount of Rift force. If the item is spelled then the magic is mutated ( Or if it is a regular item it becomes possessed with some bad effect ) . This would be similar to the Rift mutating Helovians magic and Items. The curse can only be fixed if the item is given back to the original owner. This will only work for that ONE stealth. ( if the item is stolen again the character must have the next level of rift force to be able to curse it again)

So Lets just say this.

George was successful stealing Sarah's mirror. Sarah would say in her post OOC section ( If she has enough RF ) she would like the item cursed. So the mirror would not show a future event any more. ( Admin or sarah could decided what the cursed item does. This part could be up to Admins choice) When George uses the mirror it will only ever show George dying. The only way it will work properly again is if George gives the mirror back to Sarah.

I think this could be fun development for characters! This also puts a risk to stealing items. The thief would not know if the item will work properly.

Messages In This Thread
The stealth system - by Snow - 08-16-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: The stealth system - by Odd - 08-17-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: The stealth system - by Smitty - 08-18-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: The stealth system - by Dressy - 08-18-2017, 04:49 PM