This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
» Visions from a Past World
Open Riptide Isles 
Eleos
Currently championing:

Arms unfurl their width, allowing those fidgety hollows to sweep outward from their humid latch. Blond quills pummel downward; tousling the underused, idle fringes beneath. Her noiseless cue inspires these painted hindquaters to contract with unbending forelegs bracing expectantly. Anticipation rockets from a smothering nest of confliction. Restless excitement surges throughout my singing veins; igniting this slight build into a lumbering canter. Pale grains ascend in the wake of our thunderous, churning feet. Moist feathers swell, driving in retaliation against the constant, idling drizzle... Irises slant for a fleet glimpse of my aerodynamic daughter. Pockets swell with every thrust; each downstroke creating the promise of elevation. The intense pressure multiplies, both outward and inward, excitable knots become taut... bursting into a glorious admission of delight as the gloomy coast steals away beneath us. Despite the lack of previous use, these aged recollections guide my instincts, I only had to surrender into the tide of previous knowledge.

A wide beam garnishes forefront; but paternal instinct snarls for my enamored attention to spare a glance rearward and check on my prodigy. She, the apex of exquisite perfection, dominates the sky. Satisfied by her apparent capability, my obsession resumes its fixation on the burnished promises ahead. When I glance back again...it appears even the grounded folk have been lured in. One by one, they lunge into the brackish tide.. and somewhere in my head a logical warning springs up. Optics widen as disbelief ebbs softly, 'why would they risk drowning?' Brows carve inward; irises scan the mirror-like surface...that grey green water turns slightly rustic...blood in the waves?

There was hardly time to appreciate the scene as it unfurls before us...wings arch, leading our flight into a crawling spiral. That haunting glow, beautiful and vibrant, becomes all consuming as it expands...revealing utopia. There was something...or rather...someone at the heart of said paradise. Irises narrow upon the banded fur of an illuminated feline.

A scream...scoring into my fragile hope; the crack of deafening light shatters her bewitchment and reveals the falsehood...our foolishness. Sharply...my cloaked memories of seared, pealing flesh claw for breath; these nostrils can taste the pungent flavor of cooked meat and foul smoke. Nerves scream, sending ghost pains rippling throughout my body - limbs uncurl as if struck. With my pulse racing in overdrive, frantic and hot. I balk, wings pivot as they work to uphold me. Irises squint against the bright spots that linger in my vision. Betrayed anger rises from unaddressed grief and unfocused anger, "turn back," breathlessly spoken from around clenched teeth "back to the beach!" Yelling now, to be overheard above the storm

The ruse is sprung...

Massive towers of liquid rise from a turbulent floor -- ascending, shooting up at random! Frantically, I curl toward Zahra. Arms thrust deeper, faster, "hurry child!" ....my naivety put her in unnecessary danger... Molars set themselves in the back of my mouth as churning resent heightens, feeding my wounded fury and bewilderment. Sunkissed fringes ease their speed, aiming to get behind her. Concern pings my focus onto the unicorns caught in the surf...jaws rotate irritably. My front half leans, descending until their struggling troop comes within shouting distance...mayhaps the close proximity would raise my voice above the howling wind. "Return to shore! The storm comes again!" Those clouds overhead seem to rumble in agreement; or their crackling darkness could be mistake for laughter for our gullibility.

image credit

Messages In This Thread
» Visions from a Past World - by Rift Presence - 07-29-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Ilunga - 07-30-2017, 01:26 AM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Erthë - 07-30-2017, 01:43 AM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Amaris - 07-30-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Eleos - 07-30-2017, 03:46 AM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Ingrid - 07-30-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Volterra - 07-30-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Oizys - 07-30-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Vulkán - 07-30-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: » Visions from a Past World - by Zahra - 07-31-2017, 03:52 AM