This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Different Worlds
Private Rainforest Cliffs 
Glacia the Hopebringer
Currently championing:
Glacia

I watched the rain fall from the safety of the cave. It was depressing. The constant state of moisture. Selene shivered on my neck. I thought having a companion would be different somehow, I thought that they talked to you, but all that Selene did was shiver, and indignantly hiss and squawk sometimes. I wondered if she felt alright. More than likely she was hungry. But searching for food was something I wasn't great at, considering my size. I sigh softly, and look about me, eyes rolling over the rest of the basin's miserable souls. Some of us where handling everything pretty well. Others not so much. The lady Tiamat being one of them. She had been so dedicated. And then she had lost it all. My head swung out again, and my body lumbered out to the bushes. I lowered my head, and let Selene crawl down so she could find some food. Easily I was within range of the cave, just enough to be out of sight. 

It had been only a few days since the incident with that scoundrel, but I couldn't get him out of my head. As he had left, he said his father had taught him the language he had spoken. That his father was a king of ice and frost. And I wondered. Was his father mine? The studs haggard appearance had reminded me of Mauja, and was it a coincidence that he had the blanket of white on his rump?

Then again, he could have been from the rift. I had yet to meet any riftians, that I was sure where riftians of course. But then again I hadn't exactly strayed far from this cave either, and the one time I did, I had to defend my body from a creep. From someone who could possibly be related to me. Closely related. I shivered, and moved forward to keep Selene in my sights. What kind of times where these?

"Talk."

image | bckg

@Rikyn
Sorry this is crap!
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The Rift is an unforgiving place. It thrives on fear and magic and it emits malice and darkness. It is hungry, never satisfied and the hunger has only grown since you and your ilk stepped through the portal. It is ever percent, ever seeing, ever wanting. So beware of where you step, you might happen on something your psyche cannot handle. Or has your heart turned to stone even though you recently became a mother?

As you step out in the light rain a heart wrenching cry arises from the moss underneath your hooves. It sounds like a foal in terrible pain - maybe it even sounds like your daughter? Or perchance you think this is what your stillborn son would have sounded like, had he died outside your womb. You cannot see the difference between this screaming moss and the regular moss and for a short period of time every piece of the rainforest floor will scream as you step on it. The land will scream until your ears ring and you either flee or remain completely still. Whoever arrives at your location will set off the screams too.

Maybe you’ve heard that life gives you only what you can handle? Well, The Rift disagrees…

the Rift

This is a one-post-interference, the power over this event lays with you now...
» Presence of the Rift «