This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
You're a Devil, Boy? Well So Am I
Private Siren's Summit  Mortuus Nox
Kahli
Currently championing:
Wonderful. Just wonderful.

I’ve broken free from the confines of the south, running towards open air and freedom. The seas had become so overpopulated, I was beginning to feel smothered, so some open air and untouched land was so, so welcomed. The lands I loved, the places I remembered, were beginning to reemerge from the smog, and for a brief moment, I feel as though I have the helovians to thank for this.

Ha! Can you imagine me being thankful for anything they’ve done? The thought is a fleeting one, because I know that they are the reason so much of our home has been consumed by darkness, all because they had this hero complex that they just couldn’t seem to get over. It was revolting.

I wind through the pines, long legs carrying me gracefully over the uneven ground. The wind that rushes past caresses by lithe body, and as it runs its fingers through my mane, I feel rejuvenated. I let free a whistle, feeling wild and untamed. I am everything that the rift had once been - beautiful, wild, free, and powerful. It had been left in shambles, but not I. Not I, nor my sister, nor any of the other creatures who were forced to grow and adapt and overcome. But we were more fierce because of it, and we shall overcome. We always do.

I slow my pace, evergreen eyes flicking across my field of vision to find my target. I know they had been here. But where? This forest was just as young as I remember it. I had been young, too. It was before darkness had fallen, before fear had forced my hand. I was softer then, but that didn’t matter. Somehow, though, I still felt a sense of peace, here.

There.

Settled within a small clearing, black pillars rise from the ground. They somehow seem more aged than before, or perhaps it was because they lacked the magic that so quickly fled when one moved away from childhood. I dip my head, a single gesture of respect, before approaching the monuments. As children, me and Delia would pretend we could read the runes. Surprisingly, neither could agree who was destined to be queen, because we each seemed to interpret the markings differently. I touch my nose gently to the carvings, worn shallow by time, and sigh. For moment, I allow myself to melt, to relax, to let my bones settle. Life had never been easy, but it had been better. Now? Now, I was a monster, waiting to snap, hungry for transgressors to repay their debts.

KAHLI
What survived might not be kind, but it’s me
Image by Jose Maria Perez Nunez@Flickr | Table by Bunnie

@Mortuus Nox

Messages In This Thread
You're a Devil, Boy? Well So Am I - by Kahli - 07-27-2017, 09:59 PM
RE: You're a Devil, Boy? Well So Am I - by Kahli - 07-28-2017, 10:44 PM