This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Revenge is Best Served Slow
Private Ultima  Galahad
Kahli
Currently championing:
KAHLI
The fish swim by, sleek and fat, moving lazily through the blue green sea. They are purposeless, though they are happy. I wonder, sometimes, how it must feel to exist in such a meaningless fashion, with no plan, no future, no goals, just swimming through life until something bigger than you snatches you up and eats you for dinner. I watch them intensely past my reflection, amusing myself with thoughts on how similar they were to these Helovians. Just purposeless panic-driven animals, though instead of fleeing danger, the Helovian's attack it. They fight danger, throw themselves petulantly at things stronger than them, not caring of the consequences. Shit, they even die in vain, just for family and the greater good. What ridiculous bullshit. Self preservation is key. How will you possibly continue on to bigger and better things, if you are foolish enough to be struck down for thoughtless stupidity? And even more so, these damn trespassers had the audacity to kill our gods, to strip their skins from their hides, wear their teeth and bones as armor, as weapons, as trinkets. How could an entire body of people be so disrespectful? I had seen with my own eyes the prizes they had claimed from our deities. Hell, even their children bounced around wearing teeth and skins and blood as decoration.

Fucking heathens.

At least these fish had enough brains within their tiny crunchy skulls to try to avoid danger. Eat or be eaten. I would show them. I would show them why it was a bad idea to strike down our gods and then come here. How dare they come here, seeking refuge, after everything they have done? They should have died like proud war criminals heroes at the hands of Kaos; at least they would have earned some sort of right to feel proud of themselves.

UGH.

It’s ridiculous how bothered I am by these people. I mean, myself and Delia have been surviving just fine after our gods vanished. We were surviving just fine before the gods had fallen, too. But after? After our gods had been ripped from their thrones, we had adapted. It was almost beautiful how we had flourished in the darkness. Hell, who am I kidding, of course we flourished. We are beautiful, we are dangerous, we are cunning. We will have no problem with these Helovians. Still, they need to pay for their sins. Even if one of these brutish stallions or mares lose something important to them, it will help decrease some of my troubles.

I step away, and begin to hum. The melody is soothing and pure, and the way it echoes softly off of the glass walls of the tunnel is certainly alluring. Perhaps one of these nosy Helovians will stumble by, and will fall into the trap? Or perhaps, even better, a child will wander in, and I can begin my bloodied rein. But this inner monologue will stay that way, because the snake does not catch the mouse by telling it that it will be eaten. ”Oh dearest Calla, mother of dreams, shield me from nightmares, illuminate them with moon beams.” I sing softly, sea green eyes still staring out into the waters, but ears slowly turning incase anyone stumbles by. ”Steal me away, remain by my side, with you here with me, there’s no reason to hide.”

Again the lyrics are replaced by soft humming. Hopefully today my song will lure someone in. Otherwise, I’ll simply return to stalking the portal. However, today feels lucky, and I have plenty of venom to spare.

Perhaps today will be the day my hook catches a suitable prize.

just wait
you’ll suffer, too
image || coding

It’s evening, and set in the tunnel leading to Ultima.
@Galahad