This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I am peeling the skin off my face
Trial Rainforest Cliffs  Vulkan
Vulkán
Currently championing:

To most others, the girl's giggling may feel rather perturbing. To the odd volcano-colt, though, there is no reason for him to be concerned, because he does not feel such things. Her question is enough to pique his interest, and his ears pivot as he tilts his four-horned head. "I saw them, and then they planted a white-hot pain inside my head. It only seems to ease when I think over the tasks that the eyes set me, which leads me to believe accomplishing those tasks may be the key to getting rid of the pain. One of the requests is for me to help somebody else with their trial, which has lead me to you." The yearling's voice is deep and utterly monotone, as it always is. It is as though he has no emotions - he does, of course, but they're stunted and barely visible, especially when he talks in that unwavering voice of his.

She adds that she's been tasked with harvesting the organs from a living tree, and the boy's head tilts further. As ever, he interprets it literally. "All trees are living, are they not? Their organs are not like our own - hearts and lungs and kidneys - but they are no less vital. Their roots, for example, could be considered an organ." He speaks matter-of-factly, unaware that he may come across as a smart arse. She asks about his own tasks, and he glances to the tree before answering. "I need to tell three secrets, help somebody to tell a destructive lie, and help somebody with their trial. It seems I can accomplish at least one of those by assisting you with your harvest." His emotionless voice means it's impossible to tell whether Vulkán intends to help out of the goodness of his heart, or because he'll do anything to rid himself of this pain.

The filly pulls a chain from her neck and offers it to him. Arcta can be a little temperamental. Be nice to her... "I do not believe your chain is a she, as inanimate objects cannot have genders." Once again, the large yearling takes things too literally, at the risk of offending the person he's with, but he genuinely cannot stop himself from correcting this horrendous oversight. Items are not gendered - that implies that they are alive, which they are not. He takes the object all the same, and holds it against the tree as instructed.

As the filly suggests he use any magic that he has, he summons the lava from inside him. This never used to hurt him, but it does now - one would think that this may make him reluctant to use it, but this doesn't cross his mind as he begins to leak boiling lava from his right shoulder. Only a wince across his face depicts his pain, and he presses his lava-bleeding shoulder against the tree to burn a great track through it, revealing the insides for the filly to do whatever she wants with.

image: naia-art

@Castiella

Messages In This Thread
I am peeling the skin off my face - by Castiella - 07-24-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: I am peeling the skin off my face - by Vulkán - 08-04-2017, 06:59 PM