This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Worst Day Ever
Open Floating Key 
Maude
Currently championing:

The girl had contrived a plan to get to the green island in the sea with all of her things.

Step one had been to find a large swatch of wood that was relatively flat on both sides.  It took her many days of walking in the jungle to find a suitable piece which was not waterlogged from the rain, but, eventually, she had succeeded.  After testing its buoyancy in the bouncy sea itself, and finding it satisfactory, she had set to hollowing out divots into the wood, for her pots to rest in.  Lastly, she found enough vine to bind all of it safely to the makeshift raft, so, if it decided to capsize, she could simply flip it back over, and (hopefully) all of her things would still be there.

Then she had set out.

It had gone well enough at first, until the plants had begun to spontaneously combust and freeze, as they’d been doing since she’d arrived.  The sight of it all was terrifying and frustrating, and, by the time she’d made it to the milky shoreline, she was mad at the entire situation, and this stupid world she’d found herself in.

Then, of course, the itching had started.  It raced all along her leg and back, and refused to stop, no matter how she scratched it or how long.  This made her even madder, which, of course, made the itching worse.  Sure that it couldn’t possibly become anymore traumatic, the girl had ferociously grumbled whilst itching at her hind leg – only for it to do just that.

Her hair fell off of her leg, which was enough to make her gasp in horror.  When she noticed the scales, the growing girl really lost it.

Are you serious?!” she screams at her leg, only for her plants to promptly burst into flame again.  Roaring as she kicks sand in every direction, covering her plants, cloak, watering can, everything in the nearby vicinity with grit in the heat of the moment, she continues to shout and wail.  “Of course you’d take that, you stupid Rift!  It’s all I have left of my family!  I hate you!  You are awful and I’m glad our Gods made you blow up!

Something, of course, hears her.  It’s how today is going for our little darling, right?

As her plants cease to smolder and piteously droop, something unseen but detectable rushes in on the girl, so fast that she has just enough time to stop shouting, to scream in fear, before it collides with her.  That scream becomes everything inside of her head, seeming to multiply, and grow claws, until…

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Shaking with her legs splayed, the filly tremulously stands, and looks around herself, eyes wide with fear, and her heart thud thudding in her chest, though it’s only the sensation.  Looking back behind her to the sea, and realizing I can’t hear that, either, Maude’s lower lip begins to tremble seconds before she bursts into tears.

WHYYYYY?!” hurls the maiden a cry to the heavens, falling to the beach in a crumpled heap of dismay.

so give me hope in the Darkness
that I will see the Light
Art by neverrmind @ DA

@"Rose" and anyone else who wants to come <3
it's always darkest before the dawn

please tag maude for opening posts & mentions in group threads only
Sansa
Currently championing: Reszo
Sansa

How long has it been since we fell through the portal? A few days? A couple weeks? It almost feels like a lifetime ago. Even heavily pregnant, I am trying to explore our new 'home'. I am probably due anytime now, and should be sticking close to family. Lady is sticking very close to me. It's strange not to feel her every emotion. It's like our bond has been compromised coming through the portal. I honestly want to cry. I want to cry and rage and scream. But I don't. For one, doing that is probably the worst thing I can do when i'm on my own. I'm a prime target. Well, i'm sure that's what the creatures of the Rift will think. Maybe even some of the Riftians themselves. WHYYYYY?!” My ears prick and Lady stops in her tracks. Find her Lady... We may not know her, but we need to find her. The ivory pup takes off, weaving in and out of the trees. I honestly thought we had been the only ones to find this floating island.

Thanks to Lady's keen ears, we were able to find the girl. Granted, I am not sure she is much younger than I am. After all, I was barely of age to have a child myself. But that's not the point. I move forward, Lady trailing along behind me. She had learned from our experience recently that not all would accept her presence as a bonded. It was best for me to go first. "Are you alright?" I ask softly, not wanting to spook the girl either. After all if she is from Helovia, which I tend to think she is, she's been through just as much as I have.

Lady peers at the girl from between my legs, whining softly. She wants to help, but i'm afraid neither of us know what to do...

"Talking"

Image Credit