This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
there's been trials and tribulations
Trial Riptide Isles 
Vesper
Currently championing:

Everly noticed the shape emerging from the trees before I did, calling my attention to the girl as gently as she could.  I immediately searched the trees for a mother or father, and upon finding one focused my attention on the girl.  Everly, struck by another wave of dizziness, swept past the girl and landed safely on my haunches though her perch was unsteady at best.

I didn’t trust myself to speak again, wincing at the sounds of the screams reaching a fever pitch inside my skull. Instead I do my best to smile at the unicorn filly, hoping that whatever expression has made its way to my face looks welcoming and doesn’t look like a grimace.  Without checking the expanse of ocean, perhaps a foolish move, I simply shake my head no.  

No. Nothing particularly interesting. But everything here is certainly strange.

Savera seemed amused by this new word, and on any other day, such a thing would be amusing, but the screams that refused to relent ruined the entire moment.  A moment that was interrupted by a flash of teeth and flesh that nearly stops my heart in my chest.  Shadows cloud my vision as fear tears through me. The screams in my head continue their chorus of Kill, Kill.  Before I can understand what has happened, I have become the shadows in the three steps it has take to put myself between Savera and the still nameless child and the creature from the sea.  The teeth are easier to avoid in this strange new form but the screaming is impossible to ignore.

Kill it before it kills you, they scream.  And just as quickly as the shadows had come, they are gone again, my body is back to as it always has been.  So, instinctively, I try to smash at the belly, the gills, the soft undersides of the creature with my cloven hooves - blunt instruments but all that I have for the time being - unaware that the screams had all but taken over any rational decisionmaking.   “Help me! Before it strikes again!”

Maybe once it was gone, the screaming would stop.

-- V E S P E R --
"In a sky full of stars, I think I see you."

image credit

@Savera @Noelle

I'm so sorry your eyes had to see this awfulness.

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit

Messages In This Thread
there's been trials and tribulations - by Savera - 07-20-2017, 02:11 AM
RE: there's been trials and tribulations - by Vesper - 08-13-2017, 02:52 AM