This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
king of nothing no more
RP Wanted The Portal 
Azarel
Currently championing:

AZAREL

life is a flame that is
always burning itself out
but it catches fire again every time
a child is born

Raindrops. Rain fell upon my withers, strands of crimson hiding the scars carved into my compact neck. This world.. 'twas new and dark. A red eye shifted, searching for others, yet the creaking silence implied I had been heaved into the void darkness alone. Sinew shifted underneath the golden pelt, dragging dark legs through murky moss and dirt. An odd pain struck the beating heart in my chest, yet I didn't consider it anything else than the feeling of love.

In Arazar, they had called me King -- love and adoration bringing melody to the word. Or fear? Shaking my horned skull, I smirked. No, fear was love. Fear was adoration. Had they not screamed my name, when the inferno raged its way through the capital? Chanted it, even. Listening with half an ear, I remember as it had brought such joy to me -- hearing them screaming 'my King', 'King Azarel'.

Turning that same ear, turning the focus to my surroundings. Creaking and whispering, the silence was no longer filling the atmosphere, and so I listened for Aslan's paws. But only true silence met the air. The mass of my body stopped, lifting my cranium high and gazing into the dark with the single seeing eye. Aslan? Pain struck again. Childish panic made the clock inside my chest beat faster for a brief second.

He would probably catch up. A low growl escaped my throat as the pain disappeared from my chest and I continued forward. Didn't have time to search for a lost lion, not to mention the betraying companion he was.

"Talking."
ooc // AZA IN THA HOUSE
wc // 262
tags // -

CREDITS
CHELLYTHEBEAN

Magics:
{Fire (P) | Shoulder markings turn into a harmless fire when he is experiencing heightened emotions ] \n:: {Restrictions | Harmless; of no use in battle}\n\n{Fire x Wind | Ability to create firestorms: conflagrations of intense temperature, incinerating any and everything in the path. The flames can come from any source of fire or heat, such as simple flames or lava or even solar energy.}\n:: {Restrictions: Once a firestorm has begun, it may be very difficult to stop. Extreme amounts of water may be able to extinguish the fiercest blaze. Cannot be initiated in a location devoid of oxygen.}\n\n{Fire x Water | User\\\'s blood is flaming hot, igniting in contact with air. The user of this power can use their blood as a weapon by heating it to the point where it is as hot as fire.}\n:: {Restrictions: Without Blood Generation, user may end up bleeding too much, even lethally.}\n\nEnchanted items\n- n/a\n\nRift-god / Kaos items\n- n/a\n\nAmulets:\n:: {Spark Amulet} - stolen from Delinne, old and cracked\n\nCompanion : \n- n/a\n\nSpecies change (if applicable) : n/a\n\nRequests: The normal items below please. Wasn\'t sure if the magics are good because he had them on another site. The amulet is on record on Helovia (under Delinne\'s name).\n\n:: {Item: Golden Faceplate | Faceplate similar to this decorated in fire tribals together with a hole for the horn. Given by the gods of Aestralyn.}\n:: {Item: Beads of Gold | Flat beads in mane and tail}\n:: {Item: Necklace | Gold chain necklace with 4 charms :: 1 orange flame, 1 purple lightning bolt, 1 red star, 1 red/white lightning bolt}\n:: [Item: Golden feathers | 3 feathers from his sire Azzaron\'s wing in memory of him, woven into the mane behind the ears}
Anai
Currently championing:
SCATTERED HER ASHES

The infection, I heard, had spread.

Legs weak, they shook as they carried me into the realms of the unknown with my heart throbbing for the loss of my father's warm hide beside me, like the sun being ripped from the sky. No warmth nor light nor guidance and I couldn't breath. My lungs were constricting tighter with each breath I took despite the flare in my ringed nostrils ever growing to try and fuel my steps yet all felt wrong and I missed my woody cove back near the lacing river and crackling pines. This place was familiar but oh so distant, a stranger upon my own lands and a stranger within strangers that my father called Helovians. The very word made my stomach churn.

He told me what they did, what they did to my gods. Now they stepped on our lands and felt the rain our gods blessed us with. Fear flicked a switch, my body had twitched with anger. How could my great Kisamoa do this to me, my family, those who walked besides me? They fed off the lands we have lived upon for centuries and took what they could for themselves.

I can't breath again.

A low growl and my hooves planted, cranium stretching upwards, and over the sound of my jingling jewellery my heart was screaming for me to run but my body freaked into cold sweats and shivers. In the darkness, under the soothing patter and warm smell of the rain that fell, an entirely unwelcome scent reached me. This, this was one of them. The steedy smell reeked of foreign vermin. I watched through the gloom as a shadow crossed my sight, frozen in the silence of this unnerving place.

BURIED HER HEART

(( pls excuse my rusty soul ))

- Native Riftian
- Magic: Ability to talk and communicate with the dead, often for the service of others {safe}
- Unenchanted items: Black lace which ties her plaits, earrings/studs, nose rings/studs and hair beads, all made out of a mixture of rubies, diamonds, gold and silver.
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
The Rift does not know Kings. It does not know of lost companions or pained hearts.

It knows only of hunger. And the many scrumptious magics you may offer it.

There are even more in this new meat than the old friend of the Rift that joins it. Still, the shadows swirl around, sampling and tasting—never one to pass up a meal.

And, once their snake-like tongues have tasted enough, they strike.
the Rift

[ACCEPTANCE NOTES : AZAREL ]

Magic:
Offensive: Ability to create firestorms. If used, blinds Azarel for following 24 hours.
Defensive: Flaming hot blood that ignites when in contact with air.
The Rift devours your final magic and morphs another.

Normal items are accepted fine! Just use this thread as link-proof in your profile.

[ACCEPTANCE NOTES : ANAI ]

Magic:
Knowledge: Ability to communicate with only vengeful dead that may possess her mind.
The Rift knows no loyalty and mutates the magic of its daughter.

Normal items are accepted fine! Just use this thread as link-proof in your profile.
» Presence of the Rift «

Azarel
Currently championing:

AZAREL

life is a flame that is
always burning itself out
but it catches fire again every time
a child is born

Waves of discomfort rippled through my soul, feeling an unknown force strip my birth right off me, slicing precious dna like a cake. Somehow, it still felt like a relief -- like a veil falling over the beating heart inside me. The pain the force left behind would not stop my tracks and letting out a disgruntled note, I decided to carry on.

Sound of crystals tinkling turned my ear and the red gem in my socket started to shift. Blurry shadows played in every corner of the world before me -- but one. One shadow was frozen, only a small distance away. As a smile started to pull one corner of my pale lips, the direction I was heading changed. As the gap between us shortened, the frame of the younger one appeared before me.
Elegance and exquisite bones, draped with a rosy brown and dipped in white. Stunning. She sparkled -- I could smell it was a mare from miles away -- even without sunlight. Diamonds and various gems hidden in her black locks and braids, horns of glass and metal upon her poll. Like a work of art.

Back in Aestralyn, I had been surrounded by dull and boring females. Ones who never cared to look beautiful in front of their King, never even tried. Meeting her blue eyes, the smile upon my maw turned genuine. "Whom do I own the pleasure of greeting that carries such beauty upon her skin?" Deep tones vibrated through my chest as my head was raised. The female was of similar size, the horn upon my brow was the only item that actually made me larger than her.

"Talking."
ooc // He felt the passive magic get taken away wc // 273
tags // @Anai (tell me if no tagging is needed)

CREDITS
CHELLYTHEBEAN

Anai
Currently championing:
SCATTERED HER ASHES

He approached. My hooves seeded in the ground like roots, my legs pillars like trunks, my body like leaves only shaking without any wind to sway my fragile frame. I couldn't even shift my weight from pillar to pillar, my own body betraying my mind, dooming me to a situation I could have so easily fled from. A divine pale gold, painted in silver which resembled the flicker of flames, and possessing unmatched eyes. Not a detail escaped my sight, not a movement missed. Each breath he took I counted, attempting to steady my nerves.

A silence followed his words. I had held my breath and couldn't release, my lungs shrieking for air which consciously I would not allow. But too soon it came, the reflex to flare my nostrils and suck in oxygen with a desperation, repeatedly. His upturned lip was unfamiliar, strange to my eye and my head tilted to one side, trying to figure the stranger out for compliments, compliments were something never gifted to me.

"Thank you," My words and breath shook. Sweet tones of relief in a faint whisper, stammered in disbelief and uncertainty. All my father had taught me, all I knew, had not prepared me for this. I was nothing without him. Nothing. My eyes were glazed with worry I couldn't figure out, mind pleading my body to cooperate so I could run. My tongue twisted and I opened my jaw to speak but barely a hollow whisper passed my lips, and they locked with a tremble as I watched him before me.

BURIED HER HEART

(( and sorry for lateness & he awkwardfearness / @Azarel ))
Azarel
Currently championing:

"Thank you." A whisper, so faint and sweet that it hurt my teeth a bit. But, weak. It was all the female had to say and I nearly raised my 'brow in disappointment. Her head tilted as she said it, like a puppy listening to their owner, almost cute. However it wasn't enough. Golden lips parted and let out a sigh, as to make her say something else. Perhaps the answer to my question -- a name?

"Did you not catch the hint of what I actually asked inside the compliment? And are you... afraid?" The sea of red in my socket was fixed on her, examining her trembling lips. Her fear of something caught my interest quickly. If she was afraid, that made her either dangerous or controllable -- all depended on what kind of mare she was. Turning my head away ever so slightly, I noticed a pair of golden eyes staring at me in the darkness, blinking slowly as if they were studying us. Eyes watching in every corner, no doubt. Strange world, this was; females who were too meek to speak and monsters hiding from their prey. Might actually enjoy it here, who knows?

"Laughing at you until I cry."
ooc // is okay<33 not much to work with tho lul
wordcount // 196
tags // @Anai

coding by Ina || art by no-per
Anai
Currently championing:
SCATTERED HER ASHES

For a long few moments of his presence, which felt like an eternity, I was frozen in upset and latching fear for yet again, I found no clear way to respond. I needed my father. His warmth, his protection, his words. My earlier twitching of anger from invaders had dwindled so far that my self created shell darkened further, no confidence left to fulfil any social concept. He was the first I had spoken to outside my family and the dead, the realisation having made my stomach churn sickly. All the while, the bellowing words of my father rotated round my head. There were killers, liars, thieves and all over, pure badness out in the world. My little self I could not protect. So afraid I was, yes, but I could only deny it in an attempt.

My jaw unlocked with impulsion in response and words finally left my lips again. "I'm not afraid," Determination strained my innocent chime. Adrenaline from my so simple words fuelled a fire within my trembling loins. Simultaneously, my legs almost buckled and suddenly my mind had freed my body and allowed my muscles freewill. My hindquarters almost gave way and my rump dipped for a brief moment. My tail flicked as I regained balance. I could run. But I didn't. My legs twitched in anticipation, restless to move but now my mind trapping me instead as my eyes finally met his directly.

"Anai, my name is, Anai," I watched, my eyes in his for just a few longer moments before a unwanted, but familiar, submissive drop of them came and I couldn't bring myself to look back to him properly. My voice had weakened again, and my ears dipped back ever so slightly. As soon as I had managed to speak with some level of fake courage before, my lip still trembled as I asked what could possibly be the first question of my life, ever. "But you never mentioned your name,"

BURIED HER HEART

(( boop / @Azarel ))
Azarel
Currently championing:

Not afraid eh? Every little thing she did, the trembling of her lip to the uneasiness of her legs, told me she was. Only a moment later, the femme's muscles appeared to give up for a second -- legs bending, rump dipping and tail flicking simultaneously. Ask a librarian for the definition of afraid and they'd display an image of this mare. A smile tugged at the corner of my kissers as she finally looked me in the eye and the ice within her gemstones glittered when she spoke her name, before abruptly breaking the staring competition. Anai.

The meager dip of her aures suggested the temporary courage was gone. It struck me that she was much like a deer, exposed to the simple stare of a wild carnivore, frozen in place. Waiting to be eaten. If Aslan had stood by my side with his gleaming canines shimmering in the vague light, would she had died on the spot? The thought of it set off an inappropriate snort of a laugh and I had to swallow it. Can't be too rude.

"But you never mentioned your name." Oh, honey. The laugh bubbled up again and the smirk grew wider. "You expect me to tell you?" As I nearly hissed it at her, the laugh turned into a bitter snort and my dark pillars began to move; pressing and crushing the wet ground below to leave proper imprints.

Had my moniker not traveled far enough? The messengers I'd sent around the lands, across the world of Aestralyn, to have someone ask for the name my dam gave me wasn't acceptable. Grinding my teeth, I looked back at her and realised I would have to be the messenger myself in order to leave a proper imprint on these creatures' minds."Azarel." With that, I flicked the long tail I carried so proudly and walked away. Time to make these odd creatures remember me.

"Laughing at you until I cry."
ooc // Wrapping up! Time to explore the Rift eeek. You can write a final one if you want to <3
wordcount // 319
tags // @Anai

coding by Ina || art by no-per