This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
cageless youth
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Bathsheba
Currently championing:
I step over and through a particularly large wall of shrubbery. Sharp, angry burrs grasp at my skin as serrated blue-green leaves whisper softly. The plant life of the place was, frankly, out of this world. Or would that make it ‘in’ this world? A part of it? So the plant life was out of the Helovian world, and unlike anything I have ever seen. A calm - finally - has settled over my spirit and mind as the rebellious, terrified part of my brain began to understand that whatever this is, it is permanent. It is not going away. We are not going back through the portal.

Did Helovia even exist anymore? What happened to the rolling hills and snow-capped mountains? The warm, frothing oceans that always had something worthwhile to say. ‘Where is Syrena?’ The thought hits me so fast that I am stuck mid-step, limb trembling as emotion flooded through my system in waves. Syrena, my dear, dear adoptive mother. The one who might very well have saved my life after Sialia abandoned me to the elements. Syrena… my mind whispered, a beloved song on my tongue, a calming mantra for my soul. I hope that wherever she might be, that she is safe… and wellalive.

Upon leaving the Portal Forest I ran and ran and ran until reaching a beach of white sand and a raging sea. It was on that beach that I encountered the first sign of life aside from Maude. Thranduil and his brave boy, Galahad. Admittedly not my best moment, but at the time I was so scared, just as a part of me - if I am being honest - still is. A day, mayhap two at best if the sun cycles here were anything like on Helovia, have passed since Thranduil and I took up arms against the largest monster I have ever seen. I can still see that split maw in my minds eye, a tongue like flickering flame as it struck out in rapid attempts at getting past us to Galahad. It made no sense that something, anything! Would risk its life in the face of two adults just to get to a child. In fact, it acted almost as though Thranduil and I were not even there, just pesky flies that refused to move.

A sound, soft like the barest of whispers caresses my ears, and I stop once more. That is… a voice? Another voice, another- another equine? Be they friend or foe? My heart kicks once, twice against my ribs before I pull it under control. “These things got me too!” the voice said, small, unassuming, but very much full of play. My ears tip forward as curiosity wets my lips with small flicks of my tongue. A few more paces bring me to a copse of trees, nestled almost comfortably in a small, but not quite, grove. There at the center was a young filly and- a deer? A companion? I have not seen any creatures quite like it here, at least not until now. I think that it must be a companion, and a companion meant Helovia.

Young lady, are you and your friend in need of assistance?” I say gently, tempering my voice so that she might not assume I was an enemy. Perhaps this could have been useful against Thranduil at the time.

"Talk."

@Gwynnd @Glacia (ooc - in case you want in on it ness ;D sorry for the delay, this was a busy last few days!)
all that glitters
is not gold

image | coding

Messages In This Thread
cageless youth - by Gwyn - 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Bathsheba - 07-23-2017, 06:23 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Gwyn - 07-26-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Glacia - 07-31-2017, 10:15 PM
RE: cageless youth - by Bathsheba - 08-06-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: cageless youth - by Gwyn - 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM