This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I'd be lying if I told you I'm fine, but I lie
Open Ultima 
Mbwana
Currently championing:

An underground cave draws the boy's attention; he slips into it, Askari dutifully staying close to his heels. Since Mbwana did not get much time in Helovia before the war, he does not feel the bond to it that most others do. That means that he doesn't feel guilty about exploring the vast reaches of the Rift, and has already made himself quite at home in a nearby forest. Age means fearlessness; only as he gets older will he realise the danger that he places himself in each and every day by wandering through this corrupted world.

Askari dares to break rank and dart in front of Mbwana, leading the way with his tail held at a jaunty angle. His mind pulses into the colt's; it's full of curiosity and happiness, but also trepedation because he knows the alpha walks in front, and he is not the alpha. Sure enough, he emits a yelp of fear as Mbwana's teeth snap down at him with a growl, pinning him down until he grins submissively and curls his tail over his belly. Satisfied that the pup has remembered his place, Mbwana continues to walk forwards with Askari now traipsing obediently, if sadly, behind him.

Suddenly, the pup emits a cacophany of barks. Mbwana glances up to see a strange fish-like creature floating nearby, and he stares in awe for a moment before he begins to take in his new company. There's a colt, older than himself, feathered and bay-coloured. The whale seems to belong to him, and Mbwana wonders if they're bonded like he and Askari are. Like he and Nguvu were, until the young bitch went wild. Mbwana shakes off that memory, because it hurts to think of her absence. "Is that your whale?" he asks the pegasus. His voice is a low, doglike growl, and his young features are stern as he looks at the older boy. Askari drops down to his forelimbs and waves his back end up in the air in a play-bow towards the whale, yipping in invitation. Mbwana wants to tell the whelp that a floating creature like that isn't going to be interested in such games, but he hasn't the energy.

Then, the pup is yelping again, his playful demeanour gone in an instant, and the colt glares down at him. He can evidently smell something, and then there's a noise - an odd, gurgling noise, like a beast. Mbwana snorts, glancing warily around. "What was that?" he asks nobody in particular.

M B W A N A
image credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd be lying if I told you I'm fine, but I lie - by Mbwana - 07-19-2017, 09:33 PM