This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Riekahn descendants family name discussion
Chan
Currently championing:
because I don't want to do this by myself -sobs-

So, I got some feedback from Tamme about Paladin/psyche/Riekahn family names, and she said that they identified themselves as either 'Decendants of the Crimson King' or as being 'from Dorngarrow'.

Anyone got ideas on how we can use that for a good name?
ChaoticMelodies
Currently championing:
Well, the simplest thing would be to do ______ of Dorngarrow.
Buuuuut I'm not sure how to incorporate the crimson king. :c
Unhelpful chaotic is unhelpful
Chan
Currently championing:
Hey, you show interest! It heartens me and brings me courage!

Because I really want to give Erthë a family name.. and preferably let her find out about all the relatives as well :|

So, random ideas; Dorn meaning roughly thorn, garrow meaning 'rough' or 'brawny'

Crimson Kin
Crimson (plain and simple)
Dorngarrow (as the family name)
Redthorn
Bloodrose (?? roses have thorns??)
Rosethorn
Thornrose
Redrose
Bloodthorn
Blackthorn
Redknight (honoring Paladin)
Templar (same line, my previous suggestion but idk)
Redblood
McDorngarrow
uuh..
van (von?) Dorngarrow (for fancy nobility sounding names, also it's kinda what @ChaoticMelodies suggested)
Karminkönig - crimson king (sort of) in german

IDEK please halp @Roskuld @Alvah @Själ @Ktulu @Ranjiri @Gabriel @Eldala

Are there any other living clan members in the Rift? I'm sure I've missed someone. Not counting Van bc it's pointless to tag my own character...
Emily
Currently championing: None
Sapphira and Ceto (Calypso x Brendan) are Phantom's grandkids. Phantom was Riekhan x someone I think lol

Kinda like Bloodrose, since some will have red markings...

-is zero help-
M.E.Smithers
Currently championing:
o wow i didn't realize ros was related to so many assholes tho

UM

Dorngarrowkin (or Dornkin or Garrowkin)

Kahnblood

von Garrow

Personally I kinda wanna stay away from a central color theme since some members of the FAM ain't got colors like that (like Psyche and Sjal)
Chan
Currently championing:
@M.E.Smithers oh there are more, this is just the Dorngarrow line xD Through Soleil they're related to all the Volterra spawns as well...

I agree with the color theme being a bad idea. Erthë doesn't have any red either, so it wouldn't make much sense. On the other hand, people with the surname Green don't always love the color green either, so -helpless shrug-

More incentives? Am I the only one hyped about this? xD
Neowulf
Currently championing: None
Now, I'm not related to the Dorngarrows at all... xD but here's my two cents.

But I kind of like something simple, like:
"Of Dorngarrow", "Dorngarrow", Dorngarrownian"

"Host of the Crimson King" etc
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?
Bunnie
Currently championing:
I don't like the LT sounding surnames to be perfectly honest! I feel like it doesn't differentiate between LT's and surnames enough.

I also like the simple ___ of Dorngarrow format like several folks up there. :P

Also has Dorngarne as a suggestion
ooooor Dorngarth or Dorngarthe
M.E.Smithers
Currently championing:
Honestly I think keeping it as simple "of Dorngarrow" would fit the most organically.

"You seem to be descendant of the blood of Dorngarrow"

"Those of Dorngarrow are something about a noun and totally badass"

"Idk here's another example about some assholes who are from the line of Dorngarrow"
Chan
Currently championing:
I rather like 'of Dorngarrow' too, it's simple and easy to use and sounds exotic enough. And it seems we have a bit of a majority of people who prefer it.

Shall we make it official then?