This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Tumbling down
Private Rainforest Cliffs 
Van
Currently championing: Reszo
It was not fair, he decided, as he hurried along in the wake of the pale mare. Were moms always this commanding? First she dragged him this way, through dense woodlands and over difficult sandy beaches where vast, terrifying waves thundered in against the shoreline. Left him, too, without explanations or reassurances to do whatever she wished. Then, just as he had started to enjoy himself in the surge - playing with blue crabs and lavender kelp while darting in and out of the swell as it lapped at his feet - she dragged him off again, back the way they had come. Not once did she pause to ask his opinion on the matter, not for an instance did she consider the fact that he might not want to run around at her heels.

He'd much rather stay with his dad. Or his twin. Actually, Van would really prefer to just stretch out somewhere and sleep. His body was aching, and it would only get worse the further the more he exerted himself. Telling Erthë would not help much; the mare only frowned at him when he complained, her eyes cold and distant and the words she offered as unhelpful as her attempts to keep him and Alvah dry at night.

When they stopped, relief flashed through the bright amethyst eyes. His legs were not strong, his body not durable or fit; the little chest heaved and the heart raced visibly beneath frail ribs. Pattering in pace with the falling rain.

It took him a moment to realize that they were no longer alone. Though his mother tried to keep him back behind vast ivory wings, Van ignored the warning and ducked in beneath the bright sparks that fell from the wingtips, curiously studying the filly up ahead.

"Oh" he heard Erthë say, her stance relaxing noticeably beside him - though the glare she passed down on him was terse enough to make him flinch. Boy, would he be in trouble when they got home. "I am sorry, Otem... this place makes me nervous, and I forget my manners. I am Erthë, and this is my son..."

"Van" he chimed in, to his mothers obvious chagrin.

Finding it pointless to worry about scoldings when he was already in trouble, the stocky colt pushed himself out from under the cold wing and tripped confidently towards the large girl, his expression brazen as he looked her up and down. That she was older than him was obvious, but it was hard to say who of the two mares were younger. His mum was shorter, did that mean anything?

"Do you live here?" he asked.

Messages In This Thread
Tumbling down - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 02:25 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Erthë - 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Van - 07-14-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Erthë - 07-14-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Van - 07-14-2017, 05:29 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Otem - 07-14-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: Tumbling down - by Erthë - 07-14-2017, 06:13 PM