This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
unsung
RP Wanted The Portal 
Adelram
Currently championing:

ADELRAM
FIFTY SHADES OF MURDER AND I'M EVERY ONE OF THEM

A place to wander. Strange, but not that new. Adel had roamed for a while now, wherever his massive hooves led him. They pressed down in to the ground, and his ears twitched, red eyes blinking several times as he licked the back of his teeth, agitated and feeling his skin crawl almost. This place seemed to stink of magic and otherworldly things, he had no idea why he'd really stepped through it, but here he was, on the other side, head held high and horns glistening.

There was an almost hungry presence the air, and he felt a twitch run through his muscles, a knee jerk reaction as his tail flicked hard and his eyes hooded. It wasn't enough to drive off the ivory and ebony man, but it was enough to keep him on proverbial toes, feeling a bit estranged. He'd been a wanderer before all of this, but now? He truly felt as if he were an outcast, standing out like a bright beacon instead of slinking in the shadows of others and blending like he wanted.

His teeth grit as he turned, taking several steps in one direction, and pausing himself briefly. There was no true sense of direction that he could pick up on, and it put small hairs on end, his eyes still flickering as his heart hammered. Adelram felt... lost. It was a strange sensation that curled in his gut, and his ears went back against his head, nostrils flaring as he released another breath.

His tail dragged behind him, long and hissing against the ground as he took several steps the other way, halting and holding a single leg up in the air, poised and dangling with a dinner plate sized hoof. He didn't like this. At all.
@ any- would prefer rift first however ||
MAGIC: ability to manipulate heat in small pockets or just generating it around himself. usually messes with the molecules of the air by superheating them and creating small implosions. the heat around his body is a constant that keeps him warm to the touch but not burning
MUTATIONS: n/a (unless his double horns count?)

Rift Presence
Currently championing:
It welcomes you like a lost child, a dark warm embrace that floods out of nowhere before touching your forehead in an almost comforting way. It is distracting, the soft gentle touch, as it drags dark colored talons along your body searching for something to steal from you. When it finds what it sought, it pulls and tugs, but cannot remove it. In its anger, the world turns cold around you, icy and frigid while it changes the magic you were gifted before vanishing into nothing, leaving no trace behind.
the Rift
life between worlds

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Adelram |

Magic:
Offensive: Superheats molecules in the air and causes small implosions but leaves blisters on his body when used.
The Rift changes your magic.

Mutations:
An invisible halo of heat surrounds his body, keeping him warm to the touch but not burning.

I felt the magic was better separated into two different parts. The heat of his body I thought could be considered a mutation that’s always there since it doesn’t hurt anyone, and the molecules one being an actual magic! Should be interesting to see what happens when he tries it out :P

Welcome to the Rift! :)
» Presence of the Rift «

Adelram
Currently championing:

ADELRAM

Through the smoke, he felt the touch against his skin, like claws over his flesh. Immediately, his ears tipped back and his head swung, as if lashing at the invisible enemy. No matter if the touch to his head is warm and gentle, he doesn't like the pulling sensation, like something yanking at his core.

A black upper lip peeled up before he snarled, the cold suddenly sinking in around him. As much as it was cold, there was a warmth around his body, warm and gentle still, a sign that his mutation was still there.

It didn't last long, and Adelram was left with nothing but the company of many eyes blinking at him once more. Immediately, his ears kept themselves back and he turned his head, stomping forward. He didn't care for the shadows that crept around his legs, entangled in to trees and vines. He simply needed a way out now, determined to locate an exit one way or another.
@ any || omg yesss i love it

Giest
Currently championing:
{Image: latest?cb=20121117185347}
Giest was utterly lost. As soon as she had entered the Portal's shadowy forests in search of a way back to Helovia, her sense of direction vanished. The eyes appeared and the dark stalked her. Giest hated this place more than anything in The Rift but she wanted to escape somehow. One more day in this evil world and she would certainly go mad. The fog swirled under her feet and stuck to her pearly wings. The devastation of not finding Dragon in this world was too great on her shoulders.

Giest heard stomping as if someone was very angry. It was getting louder and coming closer. Fear drove Giest to hide behind a huge tree the width of her wingspan. Ears flicked forward towards the sound. A large man marched into view driven by a hidden determination. Two horns sat atop his huge head and the mist avoided his large hooves with every step he took. He appeared dangerous, but he was probably better company than the hundreds of eyes circling Giest.

She steeped out from her hiding place and called to him. "Are you lost? Are you new to The Rift?" She silently awaited his response. Her body coiled like a spring, ready to strike if needed.

To stand is to fall.

"Talk."

Credit photo to horsewikia.com
Adelram
Currently championing:

ADELRAM

A voice came from the darkness, and ebony tipped ears buried in to duo toned hair, his horned head swinging. This felt like a tangible presence, unlike the dozens and dozens of eyes all blinking at him, mildly disturbing him. He shook off their stares, instead blinking crimson eyes at the one that seemed to materialize out of nowhere, emerging from behind a massive tree that was nearly as wide as he was long.

For a moment, he neglected to speak, staring her down, until he blew out a breath and turned his head to stare down a few disembodied eyes. "I am new, yes. Lost, maybe. I'm sure there's a way out." It came out in the most grumpy of tones, and he licked the back of his teeth, as if biting back another word or two.

Despite his efforts, they came out anyway. "Why were you hiding behind a tree? It isn't as if something like that could conceal you from all of... this." His hoof lifted and waved, dispersing smoke and mist in front of him before it came down again. The scattered fog immediately came back, swallowing up his leg once more.
@Giest || yay!

Giest
Currently championing:

The giant man stopped when I came from the shadows, and he glared at me. Yes. Definitely dangerous. I thought to myself. He just stood there and glared for what seemed like an eternity and I thought he might be a mute. The fog swirled around our legs. Pulling my fur on end. I rustled as I waited a moment longer to see if he would say anything. Lost he said he was and that made two of us. He glanced around before turning his blood red eyes to me again. Why would I hide? I tried to remember somethings that I had overheard when I flew close to the ground. "While I did not try to hide from the Portal's unblinking eyes, I had heard of people coming out with a madness that drove them to attack anything, everything. I guess suspicion got the best of me, for I did not know you and all I heard was stomping. I apologize for my hiding, but you can never be too careful when facing the unknown." I stood there in the silence thinking of what to do next in theses shadowy woods.

The world eats all you love,
Until it comes for you.
Then you are consumed in the forever darkness,
of the stalking Night.

"Talk."

@Adelram
Do not fear
Adelram
Currently championing:

ADELRAM

The female was hardly more than a little girl, a fragile looking thing, so easily spooked. The fact she was in a land like this was something he couldn't wrap his head around, and he only snorted softly, ebony tipped ears remaining laced against his skull, his eyes still flickering from one ghostly anomaly to the next, watching them appear and disappear in soft blinks.

"If you heard those stories, then why stay here? You have wings, you can fly and escape." The words were a drawl, and he finally turned his massive head towards her, simply staring at her. She was small but he was certain she could at least fly some sort of distance. Why someone would linger about in lands like this, knowing that some went mad?? He had not the faintest idea. All the same he only shook his massive head once more, a hoof pawing at the ground, stirring up dirt and fog alike.

He wanted out of these lands, and he was certain he'd get there, one way or another. He didn't exactly need help picking a direction.
@Giest || <3

Giest
Currently championing:

The large man seemed to size me up. I could not help if my stature was small, but a lot of power was packed in me. He kept glaring around at the eyes that never blinked. His ears flicked every which was and his eyes rolled around at everything. Those bloody eyes must be barriers between him and everyone else. I flicked my tail, and watched him defensively. The mist swirled around my hooves trying to drag me below. "If you heard those stories, then why stay here? You have wings, you can fly and escape." This was something unknown to the traveler. Everyone knew that once the Rift had you in its grasp, you could never leave. I flexed my wings slightly a the thought of flying. What if this newcomer did not know that this place was only one part of The Rift? "No one can leave The Rift once they enter. But this place is only one small part of The Rift. It is called the Portal where everyone enters at one point in their time here. It's not so bad really. I came here at one point, but I left and went to explore." I glanced around at the surrounding woods. It was impossible to fly out of here, so we have to walk in some direction.

Trapped is only a state of mind.

"Talk."

Rift Presence
Currently championing:
It seems to breeze by you, inhaling your scent deep within it. It’s almost taunting, small at first before growing bigger, like a rolling stone before your eyes heading straight for you until the breeze is wild and tangles in your mane and your feathers.

Then it is gone, as though it never existed.
the Rift
what lies beneath

| ACCEPTANCE NOTES : Giest |

Welcome to the Rift!
» Presence of the Rift «

Adelram
Currently championing:

ADELRAM

"I didn't mean.." He drew in a breath and let it out again, ruby eyes narrowing to slits out of annoyance as his ears flicked and he looked at the female a moment, lips pursing in to a thin line. "I meant here. This land. The Portal. If you heard such awful stories, one would think you'd simply not come here."

Both ears went back, lacing against a striped skull before his tail flicked and his head swung slightly, scowling. Again, the presence seemed to linger, driving ice in to his bones and making him bare his teeth slightly out of distaste.

"I'm leaving, one way or another." Adelram left it at that, turning in to some mindless direction and marching off, his head bobbing out of irritation as he walked. Sooner or later, he'd find an exit, and he didn't want company when he did. So he left her there, as heartless as he was, walking forward and disappearing in to the shadows himself.

@Giest || he's so rude i'm so sorry. this would be his exit slkdjflksjdf