This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird
Trial Halyven 
Zahra
Currently championing:
Zahra & Ilham
It was pride that turned angels into devils

The curse which the Rift had placed upon Eleos was possibly the cruellest she could think of.

Zahra could still recall the devastating moment it vanished, his glorious, swan-like wing, as though it had never actually existed before - that was, except for the dim shadow which echoed his twin. In unison, they’d been flying when the strangest haunting (she knew it to be now), caught her eye. Furious phantoms had slithered forward through the air, and by some ill twist of fate, in the blurred moments that’d past, the lithe appendage had gone missing and the stallion had begun to plunge.

The memory still stirred a resonation of fearful shivers through her core.

For many months the painted pegasus had travelled by way of hoof alongside him, traipsing through this world’s freakish wilderness with neither clue or view where they’d been heading. Perhaps, in a way, their time spent grounded, had been a positive experience, for as the time went on, Zahra had been able to open up about the hurts which had tormented her long after his death. The anger pent up within her and the resentments yet clung to, had started to ease until at last, her soul had shed itself of that history.

Eleos, however, had become less and less like the father she’d known as a babe, instead moody and mordacious; though at times that familiar warmth did leak through his smile. The daughter of the Gallant and the Starry-Eyed embraced those scarce moments, for they filled her hope and motivation, to carry him further into this unexpected new future, together.

The night was cold, whistling wind gnawing at the warm skin beneath her thoroughly saturated coat, but the rain fell only as light sleet and it was for that reason this time was chosen. The rush of air beneath her glossy feathers felt wonderfully exhilarating and her heart sang a jubilant song for the vast, open sky she covered at speed; recklessly so, for there were no trees or holes, or hunters to fell either mood or stride. There was no telling the time, clouds blocked the sallow moon, but in moment the liberated bird hardly cared.

On and on towards the east she hurtled, calling upon the light of her shaffron occasionally to brighten the way.

Only as the glow of the new day soften the gloom of the atmosphere, did Zahra turn back towards the west. She had only left the side of her friend once like this before, and though she knew deep down he understood her longing for freedom through flight, she felt also that pain of his loss; that he was broken and could not join her. It was a sickening burden for them both. The rain began to fall harder which forced the weaver lower, and as she passed between the region of spires after the flats, a scream from below touched her ears - one that caused her heart’s rhythm to stall.

Healer?

The ache in that voice, the fear and desperation bore a weight she couldn’t have ignored. Immediately the lean mare drew her wingspan in and descended so rapidly that her eyes very briefly failed to see. She was, however, well skilled in her art and brandished them again, at just the perfect moment. Before the stranger, her sprinting stride eased to a halt and the look of concern only strengthened when she beheld the state of her summoner’s emotion. “I will heal for you,” she assured firmly, bowing her crest for the sake of civility, but the gesture was brief as she pursued her given task.

Messages In This Thread
I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 04-23-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 04-23-2018, 05:46 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 04-26-2018, 04:17 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 05-04-2018, 03:52 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Zahra - 05-06-2018, 09:51 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 05-19-2018, 04:38 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 07-04-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Zahra - 07-13-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 07-14-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by Kiada - 08-15-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: I'm Sorry I Squished Your Bird - by K'yarie - 08-28-2018, 05:21 AM