This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Reconciliation and wrangling trees
Trial Siren's Summit 
Eleos
Currently championing:

My stomach twists, knotting with the threat of nausea strolling onto the scene. Agonized determination braces itself for the feel of her weapon, for callous steel to part flesh and pry the wretched thing out. Her murmur of confirmation sends these eyes rotating  -- hurrying to pull their concentration aside -- focusing on some uninteresting patch of dirt in this accursed place. Nostrils swell, quivering the whiskers anxiously, “be quick and true,” one betraying ear slides fractional toward her. Listening keenly (despite my desire to remain unaware) for the metallic click of an unsheathed weapon. Molars grind, firmly shutting the doors against any sound of traitorous resistance.

As she draws near...these eyelids squint, bracing...but the expectant increase of pain didn't arrive. Instead…that bone shattering agony slacks off, strangling mid lash. Horror and stoic resistance morphs sharply into one of confusion –these bewildered irises dare to look in her direction. They scan those clear, tawny eyes before noticing the dribble of liquid sliding down her lower jaw like a vein of gold carved into rock. The pain in my shoulder evaporates, gradually ebbing from a throb, to a pulse and finally an ache. It was perfectly tolerable in comparison to the level of torment before. I rotate that shoulder, forming assumptions as the fluid motion works out those remaining irritants. The infected mark is out of view, far enough so Zahra's work is hidden – I could only assume the disgusting pestilence was dealt with.

Resentful shockwaves travel the length of me, “it had what you need?" Purposeful distraction; and there was more than one note of gratitude to be rid of our chore. Willingly, my attention settles upon the dirty, leathery corpse. These jaws stretch apart, reaching down without flinch to pluck her trophy; and though a stew of unpleasantness clings to my tongue the most unpleasant part was the spongy...flesh like texture. It sat against my tongue, heavy and cold. Swiftly, the flap of bark is placed unceremoniously upon my back...our sin nesting amid tainted ivory pins.

- end of thread?

Messages In This Thread
Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Zahra - 04-20-2018, 12:24 AM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Eleos - 04-20-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Zahra - 04-20-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Eleos - 04-21-2018, 02:25 AM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Zahra - 04-21-2018, 03:49 AM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Eleos - 04-22-2018, 07:59 PM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Zahra - 04-24-2018, 05:51 AM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Eleos - 04-24-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Zahra - 05-06-2018, 04:51 AM
RE: Reconciliation and wrangling trees - by Eleos - 05-06-2018, 06:57 PM