This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The man on the mountain. [SWP]
Open The Pinnacle 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
They seemed apprehensive, but the giant Protector couldn’t blame them. No, instead, he watched in the strange way he seemed to notice things, as they conversed their next answer to his riddle. This one was harder, but not impossible. And these creatures, as time went on, began to gain the Protector’s fondness, if for nothing else other than spending the time to answer his strange riddles. They could have just tossed an orb his way and hoped it worked, running for their lives – but no, they remained, seemed eager almost to answer his questions.

When another creature approached, he dipped his head in greeting to the mare. After a few moments, Taivas offered an answer to the second riddle he had. Pleased, he clasped his giant front limbs together as he still sat in the dirt, his tendrils swinging wildly with glee. “Incredible. The answer is hope!” He offered them, making note that these creatures were indeed intelligent. “Now, I will not bore you for too much longer. I have one last riddle!” His voice grated and boomed against the pulsing of the crack in the Pinnacle and the teal glow of his head.

I am like your ball of hope,
But on a much grander scale.
People weep to be a part of me,
And darkness has no hold.
I am what stories and dreams are made of.
And you might encounter me once in a lifetime,
Yet I am never perfect.
What am I?

“Talk.”
THE PINNACLE'S PROTECTOR

Ruwin was correct! This is the last riddle, but each answer of the riddle unlocks the final sentence, and thus will spread hope to the Protector. Answer it the best you can! :)

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Messages In This Thread
The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Aurelia - 01-18-2018, 03:43 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-21-2018, 10:50 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Pixel - 01-22-2018, 02:56 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Rift Presence - 01-25-2018, 03:37 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-26-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-27-2018, 02:12 AM