This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The man on the mountain. [SWP]
Open The Pinnacle 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Excitement barreled through the Protector’s chest, causing the glow around his face to grow slightly brighter as he waited for the answers to come. He had given them an easy one to start off with, hoping that they were intelligent enough creatures to answer that riddle. The next few would be a bit more difficult, but as he waited for the responses and surveyed the creatures the best he could, he found that it was quite possible these creatures could pass his little test.

And in doing so, he’d receive the hope. To say the Protector was hopeful was an understatement. Sure, the creature could simply grab an orb of hope and be done with it, but it wasn’t often he got visitors. And when he did, he liked to have a bit of fun – intellectual fun rather than chasing and screaming. This way was far easier to manage, and with all the tendrils around his face, he could keep an eye on them as they pondered his tasks.

So when Taivas spoke and her answer reverberated in the air, a guttural laugh escaped his huge frame and he felt his tendrils snaking into another grin. “Very good!” He announced, his voice booming across the center of the Pinnacle. “That one was easy, this one will be harder. I do hope you’re still up for the task.” If he could have winked, he would have. Instead he tilted his head before reciting his second riddle.

It troubles you not if I am lost.
I cannot be destroyed, for I always remain.
If I am touched, I am warm and bright.
You must have trust to keep me in mind, and a strong desire.
Do not lose sight of me, lest all will cease to matter.
What am I?

“Talk.”
THE PINNACLE'S PROTECTOR

Taivas was correct! There's another round of riddles so don't feel bad if you missed out on this one, simply jump back in! Answer his second riddle the best you can.

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Messages In This Thread
The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Aurelia - 01-18-2018, 03:43 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Rift Presence - 01-21-2018, 08:01 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-21-2018, 10:50 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Pixel - 01-22-2018, 02:56 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-26-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-27-2018, 02:12 AM