This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
The man on the mountain. [SWP]
Open The Pinnacle 
Rift Presence
Currently championing:
Often, the Protector remained upon the ground in the awning of the teal light that ebbed out from the slit in the Pinnacle. He looked as though he were made a stone, were it not for the glowing teal tendrils that protruded from his face, under the sharp-edged armor that was his head. He usually remained on the earth, settled in a sphynx like shape, forever watching the entrance to the large structure. And often, he remained alone save for those unfortunate souls that passed him and never returned from the glow of the Pinnacle. Today felt different, however, his clawed forearms tapped wearily against the ground, and his head remained forward as he exhaled. There was a change in the air, a shift, and something about it excited the monstrosity that was the Protector of the Pinnacle.

The glow pulsed as if to show that he had company, and yet the Protector still didn’t move. Instead, he stood ever the watchful guardian as figures edged closer to him. His head tilted, his tendrils snaking out in a strange motion that wasn’t menacing as much as it was curious. Then, more and more. If the Protector could smile, he would have. For this was a different feat. They weren’t here to try and bypass him for the heart of the Pinnacle. No, they were here for him with those brilliant glowing orbs of light at their hips. Oh, how exciting. As they all came close to the Protector, he offered them a nod of his large armored head in greeting, still remaining settled in the earth, only half his usual size. He was less menacing this way.

After they paused for a brief moment and perhaps explained what they were there to do, the Protector lifted his head once again. “I’ve heard of you all. You’ve restored hope to the Siren’s Lake. Have you by chance come to gift it to me as well?” His voice was a deep rumble that was soft as it was booming, and felt as though it caressed each one of them as it passed over their bodies. “I think I may have some fun, I shall take your orbs of light and restore hope to the Pinnacle as it’s Protector if you can answer a few riddles.” He offered, his tendrils snaking up in what appeared as though he was grinning. After a few quiet moments, the Protector tilted his head slightly as he began his first riddle.

I am a congregation, sent on a whim.
I aim to banish the darkness, to change the world as we know it.
I am both big and small, I have many genders, and many more colors.
I am here to stay.
What am I?

And the Protector waited for the answers, ever hopeful these creatures restoring hope were intelligent enough to answer his riddles.

“Talk.”
THE PINNACLE'S PROTECTOR

You've peaked the Protector's interest! Answer his riddle the best you can!

* Each round is 48 hours (give or take), and has no posting order. If you miss a round, don't worry - just post when you have a chance to! The round is open until Rift Presence posts again.
* New characters are always welcome to join the plot
* If you find the pace too high, let us know, and we'll slow down!
* Posts are encouraged to be 400 words or less.
» Presence of the Rift «

Messages In This Thread
The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Aurelia - 01-18-2018, 03:43 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Rift Presence - 01-18-2018, 05:55 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-21-2018, 10:50 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Pixel - 01-22-2018, 02:56 AM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Ruwin - 01-26-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: The man on the mountain. [SWP] - by Taivas - 01-27-2018, 02:12 AM