This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Burn Card
RP Wanted The Portal 
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
His magic was activated by blood.
Magic.

I resist the urge to laugh at something which sounded so ridiculous.  Magic was a fairytale sung to children in order to send them to bed, to fill their heads with hope and wonder.  Never before had I witnessed something such as magic, at least not to my knowledge.  I think back to K'yarie's swirling, dancing coat.

Maybe the young girl wasn't crazy and such a thing existed.  It would tie together her possessed necklace in a neat little package, for sure.  Besides, we had no reason to lie to each other.  I decide to believe the impossible, which is unusual, if you know the slightest thing about me.

The next bit of the puzzle  I hardly have time to consider, because the small chirp of a laugh dances across her lips before she falls silent.
I guess she realized I am serious.

She claims to be too young, yet here she stands, alone in a haunted forest with nothing but an owl and a stranger for company.  However, the bauble within her mane agrees with her, a snide insult floating into the air and falling into the space between us, clearly shaking her confidence.  I wonder who would have so much influence over the young girl, but I think I already know.  Her mother.

It explains the similarity in their voices and the failed attempts of the adolescent to copy the studious tone.  Ah, parents could really be a pain in the ass.  I watch as she shuffles her wing to try to stuff the necklace further into her mane.

Her explanation begins, as to why no herds exist, as if it really explained to me.  Kisamoa, I think back to the shadowy figure in Solanis and inwardly cringe.  He didn't really say what to do.  I smile, though it is hardly an expression of joy, but simply affirmation of my former thought.  Helovians sound like a hopeless bunch of morons.  Oh, well.  So is most everyone I've met.

"So, your people did not form herds because some disfigured vagabond never told them to?"  I look at her with something resembling amusement in my eyes.  I nod, to myself, before clearing my throat and looking out over the forest; neon lights and a million eyes dance in the distance.  They are still rather unnerving.

"The beauty in having your world destroyed is that you have a chance to start over, to do with your new life and home whatever you wish," I say, sorely needing to take my own advice.  If anyone holds too tightly onto the past, it is myself.  I disappeared into someone else's position, someone else's life for years. Ah, but how difficult it is to view yourself from an objective stance.

"You may be young and stupid, but if you have the motivation, you can gather the crumbling pieces of your Helovia and make a home.  What are your other options?"  I ask, looking back at her with firm, teal eyes.  "Wait for someone to give you permission to live how you want?  Wait for someone else to take initiative?  Continue living like you have?"

"Find others you can rely on, if you need help, but someone has to take the first step. Better you than no one."
RAEIN.

Messages In This Thread
Burn Card - by Otem - 12-10-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-12-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-13-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-13-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-13-2017, 09:25 PM