This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Burn Card
RP Wanted The Portal 
Raein
Currently championing:
I wished impossible things on blue stars that never came true
A voice.

It's sounds far too mature to belong to this girl, this half-grown woman before me.  My ears flicker uncertainly, eyes warily scanning the area for the outline of another.  Had I been so mesmerized by the fall toned girl and her plush wings, the thoughts of youth, and the apparent agony of her mind that I lacked my normal caution?

But there is no one else here, at least in the immediate area.
No explanation for the studious voice.
Then I see it.

A necklace, odd in shape, seems to joustle with a voice resonating from it.  Now, I am already growing more accustomed to weird things since arriving here in the Rift, but this is just fucking creepy.  Was the necklace possessed by some disembodied voice?  Whose voice?

The shock of it renders my ability to listen to the words null.  I have to struggle to capture the syllables in the recesses of my mind before the shoot away, into the abyss of forgotten sounds and sights.  The girl seems  to have halted to listen to, and I almost feel as though the necklace had scolded us both as a mother might have foolish children.

I smirk.

It does that sometimes.  As if that explained the strange phenomenon.  I do not pry for more answers, though, and instead just watch as the young girl turns to face me.

Her warm eyes might have sought familiarity in my figure but clearly found none.  I already know that I have been torn from my world into another, so I seek no one familiar.  Even if this place sat in the same universe as my home, would I even bother to look for my kin?

Her gaze drops from my own, as her words trail off into silence.  "Aye," I nod my head knowingly, for I also never could give up.  I shouldered my pain, the grief and guilt of my father, and the loneliness boring a pit into my heart through the years until I could no longer feel the weight on my body.  I never managed to let it go, though, so like a phantom, it followed me from place to place, and I ran like a scared child from it.

"Would something await you, if you could return?" I ask, genuinely curious if she had something tangible in the past.  Nothing positive awaited me back home, so I ceased wanting to return to my world.  I dealt with this strange, broken universe because the monsters here were not half as awful as those awaiting me back home.
""
RAEIN.

Messages In This Thread
Burn Card - by Otem - 12-10-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-11-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-12-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: Burn Card - by Raein - 12-13-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Burn Card - by Otem - 12-13-2017, 04:12 PM