This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
some natures catch no plagues.
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
Of course, I am not oblivious, so I know what he meant.  Still, I am a no-nonsense fellow, and I appreciate the finer points of accuracy in speech.  My father raised me like a politician, for my unsavory background threatened to stain his prestige within our home constantly.  Manufactured but accurate statements impounded in my mind about who I am started the say Cyphre died.

Sometimes I envied him for leaving us so soon, even if his departure was violent.
I guess, since I escaped here, I would no longer envy his death.

I understand the flurry of emotions the young lad has, obviously lacking in the same social etiquette training I had suffered through.  In some ways, I am envious of his bright, innocent disposition in the world.  He clearly suffered trauma in his former home, but at least he had not been forced into a mold he overfilled, with the edges cut off as necessary for the image to be perfect.

Appearance - all that really mattered back home.

I half expect him to take offense to my criticisms of his view, but instead, the boy listens intently to my explanation of others.  The faces that we all wear, how we own several, and how only the current one matters to our reality.  Each one is equally the true self embodied in one being, depending on the moment.  Ah, how fluid our personalities are.  How pragmatic and resourceful we can be.

"Learn well, boy," I murmur, a smirk on my lips, as the giant takes his leave into the forest.  I turn my own figure toward a different direction, hoping to get out of the god forsaken woods where I could see more clearly.

If only I had wings.
""
Raein

Messages In This Thread
some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM