This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
some natures catch no plagues.
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
He chooses to relax.  I do not.  I remain alert, ears flickering each directions every few moments to remain alert, my eyes still fixed upon his massive figure.

Everyone here was from Helovia - wherever the hell that was.
What of the natives? He wanted to ask but knew this brute would have no idea, as he admitted it already in his limited knowledge.  Whatever grew up here from birth must certainly be an oddity, if all the sights he had thus far were a testament.

The Rift.  A shattered and broken world with a twisted name.  It gave some clarity to the strange fractured nature of the lighting in the forest north of here.  The destruction of another world sounds impressive, even in the secondhand description of the event as relayed by Roscorro.  I shudder to think of my former home being destroyed, no matter how much I hated it.  For, despite all the awful memories and feelings associated with places and equines there, I loved the way the sun rose over the Stillwater Glades.  I enjoyed the passage behind the old Boroughs leading to the waterfalls.  I missed the sparkle granite on the mountainside.

Imagining it being engulfed by another starving world was horrifying.
Now the eyes upon my flesh made sense.  They were looking for a savior.

"What a violent place," I think aloud, still not moving my eyes from the other's face.  I travel with my mind's eye once more, thinking of the sights on my way through the jungle.  "No wonder this tree seems to have been supplanted from another world."  I vaguely motion with a slight tilt of my head toward the tree behind me, still softly luminous with the silver veins running up its trunk.

When the dragonesque brute speaks again, I smirk before giving him a more somber expression.  "I do not recall threatening you," my voice is flat.  Surely, advising someone that I am not an easy target is not the same thing as encroaching on their safety.  I had not been poised to pounce from the dark shadows of the jungle.  I would not indulge this idea that I am the aggressor in any sense, while he remained self-righteous and obnoxious.  "I also do not need your reassurances or feeble apologies."

What is this attempt at a heart-to-heart with a stranger?
He clearly needed to speak more to me than I to him in these moments, so I endure it.  He speaks with a certainty common in youths.  Roscorro, the beast boy from Reon, has seen some horrifying things, I am sure.  He has felt pain, maybe even still.  I see his gaze turn toward my shoulders and something akin to recognition on his face.  The scars of wings taken from me.  He knows.  I do not sigh, though I already feel exhausted by this conversation and brat.

"You are thinking of others in a two-dimensional sense," I say, my eyes hollow and voice exasperated.  "No one is defined by a single trait or action.  I may be a thief or a murderer, but I clearly have no intention of stealing your possessions or your life; that would require me to be much closer.  We are all capable of wearing different masks that suit our needs or desires.  No one is wholly evil nor is anyone truly pure-hearted."

"We are altered in our circumstances, so you must learn to observe and discern what they are in the moment.  Nothing else matters."
""
Raein

Messages In This Thread
some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-25-2017, 06:36 PM