This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
some natures catch no plagues.
Open Rainforest Cliffs 
Raein
Currently championing:
as the sun set on another, you fell through dying dreams
He laughs.

I think the laughter is supposed to make me feel recklessly arrogant.  Maybe, I am supposed to laugh along with him and play the fool.  Neither.  Instead, I am decidedly annoyed by his underestimation of me.  Wouldn't be the first time.
I continue to look at him, marine eyes unblinking, until his laughter dissipates in the cold air.

His tone is jolly and friendly, but I do not step any closer.  A rose is lovely and inviting, but does it not still have thorns?  Claiming to be on the defensive yet ready to pounce.  I do not believe it for a second.  "Aye, this place seems to be haunted by something," I agree with his statement about the jungle.  I wish to look into the distance at the glimmering eyes watching us.

Always watching.

I dare not take my attention from him for a moment, though, and settle on glancing back with my mind's eye.  Whatever that presence was when I first arrived is no longer here, but several other beings lurk, I am sure of it.

He offers up a name, Roscorro, along with the name to a couple of lands I did not know.  They do not produce imagery in my mind, no picture of reference, not even the hint of familiarity.  "Nay, I know of neither.  I am Raein."  I provide no hint of my former home.  I do not wish to speak of the place, and I also have a feeling that the tear through space also transported me to another era.

At least should I have heard of either of the lands mentioned, I might feel more inclined to give my birthplace.  I fear that it will not be recognized regardless.  In addition, I do not fully trust this stranger with information about myself.  He clearly is not from my homeland, never having seen such an oddity of combinations, but it mattered not.

Trust no one, not even family.  That is how I had been raised.

"Do you know aught of this place?"
""
Raein

Messages In This Thread
some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-13-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-14-2017, 06:19 PM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Raein - 11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: some natures catch no plagues. - by Roscorro - 11-21-2017, 01:49 AM