This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
there are no happy endings
Open Green Labyrinth 
Rikyn
Currently championing:

ЯIKYN

No reply came through the mist, but for my own name. Normally, this isn't that bad of a thing, especially considering it's a woman's voice, but, today, the circumstances leave me a bit more sour towards the distraction than I might have been yesterday. An ear flips towards it at first, and a frustrated exhalation becomes a far reaching, white cloud of frozen breath that dances away from me. I know I should keep looking for her...

But I can't help but worry that she is like the pale cloud, parting and vanishing into the surrounding fog; that Gwyn is gone, like most of the women I've come to love in my life.

Look! Duir suddenly interjects, and my head follows after the single ear that had leaned towards the calling voice, this time with a face which swims to mind alongside it. Rexanna, I think, don't say, narrowing my gaze to try and find a glimmer of gold in the swirling world of white. It's hard to find her, and when I do, she's more like a ghost, or a disturbance in the void; the desperation to find Gwyn continues to nag at me as I nicker to my old friend through the dense mist, but the need to hunt on through the fog for my daughter is dulled by the dark thought that I would never find her. Besides, I'm tired, and cold, and Rexanna had sounded afraid, and she, at least, is here. I can find her, for what that matters.

"Hey," I follow after my initial, wordless greeting, continuing slightly louder after Duir loudly bleats towards his friends, "over here, Rexanna."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

@Rexanna
just want one thing - just to play the king
but the castle’s crumbled & you’re left with just a name

please tag rikyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only

Messages In This Thread
there are no happy endings - by Rikyn - 11-07-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: there are no happy endings - by Rexanna - 11-08-2017, 04:57 AM
RE: there are no happy endings - by Rikyn - 11-30-2017, 03:05 PM