This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
there are no happy endings
Open Green Labyrinth 
Rikyn
Currently championing:

ЯIKYN

The mist was so palpable it roared.

I had never been in such a predicament; even in the north, where the mountains would fill with the dense bodies of clouds, and morning patrols were led blind and almost by instinct and memory of the road alone, the fog had never seemed so wild and inconceivably deep.  The trembling of my buck, pressed firmly along my side, does little to ease the overall sensation that things are terribly wrong; that we, as always, have gone down the wrong path.

Whatever had attacked us at least seemed to have turned back; it was no wonder, now that I was too far into the shit to really know which way was back.

"Gwyn!" I call out for my daughter, for what feels like the hundredth time, not really expecting a response; no matter how many steps forward I take, she is not there.  A sick feeling builds in my stomach, and makes my pulse echo in my head.  What if she is dead?

Don’t, Duir tells me, not wanting to think of that, not when it was hard enough putting one hoof in front of the other.  Not when he saw faces and figures swirling in the mist, and heard the croon of things with claws and fangs. 

"Gwyn!" I try again.  Only the roar of the silence greets me in return, entwined with the sensation of Duir’s growingly hopeless fear, and the dark, taunting voice that echoes within:  you have failed again, boy.  

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me
just want one thing - just to play the king
but the castle’s crumbled & you’re left with just a name

please tag rikyn for opening posts & mentions in group threads only

Messages In This Thread
there are no happy endings - by Rikyn - 11-07-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: there are no happy endings - by Rexanna - 11-08-2017, 04:57 AM
RE: there are no happy endings - by Rikyn - 11-30-2017, 03:05 PM