This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
I hear empire down
Open Ultima 
Mauja
Currently championing: Vourib
Art by Neverr ♥
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
He stared into a void, and the void stared back.

It was a black hole, a dark opening in the mouth of the sea, looking as if it wanted to swallow him, and he thought that, maybe, just maybe, he wanted it to do so. To eat him. Devour him. One, large bite. He didn't want to die in pieces, but as a whole, or, as whole as he could be, when part of him was fucking missing.

He contemplated the hole in silence. It was...a hole. It might lead somewhere. It might not. Tracks led into it, and it looked like some tracks led out, too, but if it was because you could pass into it and live, or they chickened out, he didn't know.

"Hi, hole," he said in a tentative greeting, his voice an ugly, rasping thing. It didn't answer, and Mauja's brows furrowed slightly, his sick mind trying to wrap itself around it. "Hello," he finally answered himself, figuring it was better than acting as if the hole wasn't talking to him.

Diego glared at the back of his head, but Mauja didn't notice. He just felt the throb in his skull like hammer blows, a demand for something he had long ago forgotten what it was. Food? Rest? He didn't know. Water, maybe? Who cared. Irma's lost. "My- my owl," he began to tell the hole, his voice still a rugged and raw thing, for he had spent weeks shouting her name to the whole forest, "She's.. she's missing." He didn't even know if he was still talking to the hole, or if he was talking to something—someone—else. He was just.. talking.

It surprised him he still had tears left to cry, but they pooled in his eyes, hot and burning and unbidden. His throat closed up. His breath hitched. His jaws trembled—his entire body trembled, skeletal thin, like when they'd just fished him out of the sea. His eyes were haunted, his flanks crusted with dried sweat.

His jaw kept working, but his throat still produced no sound, until the faintest of whispers passed his lips.

"I just want her back."

And the tears fell again, turned into ugly sobs.

[ .. err okay he's losing it @Cahira ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
I hear empire down - by Mauja - 08-27-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: I hear empire down - by Cahira - 10-20-2017, 06:14 AM