This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
the missing parts of me
RP Wanted The Portal 
Patrick
Currently championing: Caevoc
P A T R I C K
No one answers him because, despite the ever watching eyes, there isn't anyone around to do so or, no one who cares to.  Patrick's blue gaze sweeps the tall, gnarled trees that look like no trees he has ever seen.  His hooves begin to shift nervously as he picks out odd little details he had not noticed before.  His discomfort with this place is becoming quite obvious.  Unfortunately, he seems unsure which way to turn.

Where in the world, or worlds(?), am I?  This place is... not right, and that is the understatement of the century but it is the best I can think of at the moment.  I have never seen, well anything at all like this before except maybe that deadland-swamp place but even that wasn't this.  Creepy, creepy, and more creepy.  Why the hell am I here?  How do I get out?  I can't go back the way I came, the portal isn't there anymore... assuming there ever was one.  Maybe this is all just a dream?  That would be nice.

The young stallion snorts in displeasure and takes a step backward then hastily steps forward again as if he is afraid of backing into something dangerous.  A quick glance back and to the side reveals no obvious change in his surroundings beyond a shifting of the eyes.  No, wait...  it was full dark, to begin with, yet somehow it now seems to be growing even darker still.  The sandy coated male squeezes his eyes shut and when he opens them he finds himself faced with shadow... not the shadows of things, living or otherwise, but Shadow itself.  It is deep and dark and empty but unmistakably a presence.  That presence slinks around him caressing and grasping all at the same time but it seems to find something lacking for it pulls back with a... whine?  

Dark ears plaster to his skull as Patrick witnesses this retreat and he shakes himself free of their lingering touch with disgust.  He fails to notice that last lunging limb until it is too late.  This tendril coils around the golden amulet hanging from the end of his diamond string and rips the precious trinket away.  His shaking stops just in time to allow a glimpse of his pilfered treasure zipping away into the trees, seemingly of its own accord.

"No!"

The objection is bellowed out and accompanied by a sharp hoof stomp.  Incensed by this ghostly robbery he spins towards the trees where the shadows vanished and leaps forward to follow.  However, here there is no obvious route through.  The trees grow too tightly together leaving nothing but an impenetrable wall.  Still, he stops to study the barrier seeking possible entrance and once more failing to notice that he has lost something.  In the speed of his turn the string of diamonds, he has owned for most of his life fell to the ground behind him.  At least this object hasn't disappeared, yet...  

will you help me
find myself?
image || coding

OOC: If someone chooses to take that bait, I would appreciate getting the item back at the end of the thread. :)

Messages In This Thread
the missing parts of me - by Patrick - 08-11-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: the missing parts of me - by Rift Presence - 08-13-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: the missing parts of me - by Patrick - 08-16-2017, 05:07 AM