This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
take me home before the storm
Open Siren's Summit 
Morrigan
Currently championing:
morrigan
Morrigan is amused by the way Otem reacts to the news of her birthplace. Is it really that hard to believe that life could flourish in the Rift - under the right set of circumstances, at least? Admittedly, the reaction serves as a gentle stroke to the older mare's ego, and she can't help but let a subtle smirk work its way across her features. Of course, her good mood is quickly nixed by Otem's reply.

Orangemoon, Tallsun, Birdsong, all terms the rose-hued mare had never heard before - nor cares to hear again. They are irrelevant, now, aren't they? Morrigan feels a sharp sense of annoyance, like a burr stuck to her fur that she just can't get off. The way her lip curls is such contrast to the smile that previously graced her features. White eyes roll in their sockets, her mood suddenly balancing on a precarious edge. "Who cares about Helovia?" She nearly spits the last word, as if it tastes bitter on her tongue, like a medicine she just cannot bring herself to swallow. "You can't go back, and I'm sure anyone you knew before is dead, or will be soon." The words are harsh, but she cannot bring herself to care, or even apologize. Why sugarcoat such a statement, after all? Surely Otem must learn (or already knows) that this world will not cater to her feelings. "Drench is ending, and soon it will be Freeze - the snow will come and the days will continue to grow short. The predators will grow desperate, I'm sure."

Does Morrigan feel bad for the way she speaks to Otem? Not particularly - she has never been one to sugarcoat things. Besides, why feed into a false sense of security? It will not benefit her in the long run. "You can cry about it if you want, but the reality of the situation is, you're alone, in an unfamiliar place, surrounded by monsters you never knew existed, with winter quickly approaching." She states matter-of-factly, looking down her nose with a critical gaze. Sure, Otem has done well so far - but how long will her luck run before something - or someone - comes along and ends it? Part of Morrigan almost feels bad for her - a shallow sense of pity settles itself in her chest, a subtle tug that makes her clench her jaw and look away. Will Otem survive on her own, or will her name join the list of others that have perished at the hands of the Rift?

"Be honest with yourself. Do you really think you can make it?"

(( ooc: sorry for the wait and now the sucky post ;___; ))

on a bed of spiderweb
i think of how to change myself
image || coding

Messages In This Thread
take me home before the storm - by Morrigan - 08-11-2017, 01:37 AM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Otem - 08-11-2017, 03:51 PM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Morrigan - 08-16-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Otem - 08-17-2017, 03:09 PM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Morrigan - 08-22-2017, 08:22 PM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Otem - 08-23-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Morrigan - 08-24-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: take me home before the storm - by Otem - 08-27-2017, 04:41 PM