This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
CAN YOU HEAR ME?
Open Uwaritace 
Bathsheba
Currently championing:
It is quiet, eerily so. The world has finally stopped spinning out of control, and entered some semblance of peace. If days of rain and discouraging mists is what you would consider peace. With only my thoughts as company, it was all too easy to put my most recent encounters behind me. All vestiges of Gold and long, stilted legs are left behind as my feet carry me hence. Every now again I am reminded of Glacia and her fearsome, yet gentle countenance. She seemed like a genuine enough character, but the part of me that mattered most was still leery of trusting. Trust had become a long-forgotten memory in the wake of most recent events. Owl and Asterisk are all that are left, constant companions that guide me to who-knows-where in this maze-like land. They keep me grounded, safe from the sneaking shadows of my mind. To any who cared they were the single thread of sanity that kept me going during my time in the Deep Forests of Helovia, lost and going mad within the confines of my inner-most thoughts.

Now they come forward once more, the soft caress of gentle breath and brief snippets of sunshine that remind me to keep moving. Every step is cautious, calculated, while the rest of me serves as a conduit for information. This land I have found is dead silent and strangely cold, whereas the other places I traveled through were more humid. A faint mist hung knee-high from the ground, making it difficult to see where my feet were going, instilling a sense of dread in my gut. Yet onward I went, carving a careful path through the skinny grey trees that dotted the valley in small copses. They too were, naturally, foreign to me.

(Look, look there-) I glance up immediately, ears swiveling forward sharply.

There, perhaps a hundred yards from where I stilled was a tree. It is unlike anything I have ever seen and I can feel the motion of my eyes widening. I drink in the sight with barely muted awe, for this behemoth of a tree was singularly the most beautiful, and most horrifying thing I have ever seen. She - how do I know this? - is massive on levels I knew not were possible. The only thing that might have come close to her size were the Basin’s sentinels, and even that is questionable as I inch slowly closer. My God she is… she is- (dying, look she has been burned, badly.) gasps Owl softly, and I realize she is right. (Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad) Asterisk chants, almost angry. Angry that anyone could harm such a majestic life as the one before me.

But is that not what the Rift does?

It takes.

It eatsdevours.

It steals.

It believes it is owed.

Kaos believes he is owed.

(is he?)

A single drop of moisture pings against the silent backdrop, sending shivers down my spine. Indeed, what a beautiful display of Kaos.

"Talk."

@Himeldirooc - oops, here it is!)
all that glitters
is not gold

image | coding

Messages In This Thread
CAN YOU HEAR ME? - by Bathsheba - 08-09-2017, 06:24 PM
RE: CAN YOU HEAR ME? - by Himeldir - 08-13-2017, 08:15 AM
RE: CAN YOU HEAR ME? - by Rift Presence - 08-19-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: CAN YOU HEAR ME? - by Bathsheba - 08-20-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: CAN YOU HEAR ME? - by Himeldir - 08-23-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: CAN YOU HEAR ME? - by Rift Presence - 08-24-2017, 10:08 PM