This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
And Then There Was Light
RP Wanted The Portal 
Destrier
Currently championing:

His response warms my heart and sends it soaring. Efren seems to be enthralled by Merlin, just as Merlin seems to be enthralled by him in return. Having been risen primarily around equines, the young dragon doesn’t quite know what to think. Though our bond is weakened and I haven’t heard the black speak since crossing over from Helovia, I can feel his curiosity through the wavelengths of our bond and I smile softly upon the adolescent pair. Merlin offers yet another inquisitive trill, giving one last, mighty flap of his wings before folding them back neatly at his sides, nectarine eyes remaining on Efren's juvenile frame.

My explanation almost seems to hurt the colt in some way, but before I can offer him a word or a bump of the nose in reassurance, he takes it upon himself to reassure me instead. His efforts are appreciated, a small light amidst the otherwise dismal place my mind has become since arriving here. I fear for Suli more than anything else; she has always been my constant companion, with me through every battle and every heartache, there to celebrate and to mourn at my side, but now, she is gone, and a part of my very soul feels as though it has withered and died.

Refusing to let the lugubrious thoughts taint my features or make their way into my voice, I cast Efren a genial smile and finally begin to make my way forward, assuring that the affable boy follows before I next speak. “Very well then,” the words are accompanied by a warm chuckle, bister eyes aglow, “A pair of young, fresh eyes just might lead us to her.” More than likely not, but the truth of the matter wasn’t what was most important right now.

A brief moment of silence falls before Efren voices a question of his own, to which I patiently nod my head in response. ”This is not the place where I grew up, but it is my home now,” I offer in way of explanation, ”I have called many places home in my lifetime, but I hail from a land called Gassul.” Of course, I held less than fond memories of the place, but it was my birthplace no matter the events that had transpired there. Bending my neck to regard the boy, all the while keeping a careful eye on the path ahead as I lead the way out of the unearthly, inhospitable forest, I continue. ”My family and I have only recently come here. It’s much different than anything I’ve seen before.”

Another pause, and my smile lengthened. "They will be excited to meet you."

image credits

" Watch for me by the moonlight
I'll come to thee by the moonlight
though hell should bar the way "

Messages In This Thread
And Then There Was Light - by Efren - 08-08-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: And Then There Was Light - by Rift Presence - 08-09-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: And Then There Was Light - by Efren - 08-12-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: And Then There Was Light - by Destrier - 08-12-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: And Then There Was Light - by Efren - 08-13-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: And Then There Was Light - by Destrier - 08-13-2017, 09:27 PM