This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello There, Guest!

| Register
Home » Search » Roster » Whitepages » Records » FAQ » Guidebook
Time is the Best Medicine... Right?
Open Siren's Summit 
Apollo
Currently championing:

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

They were not alone for long.

Through the juvenile pines another came, but not by traveling upon the earth. No, the familiar sounds of beating wings and feathers cutting through air beckoned his gaze upwards, neck twisting to find the newcomer. It was there, close but plenty out of reach, that Apollo spotted him, a stallion so unique and different from any that he had ever seen before that it brought a genuine, perky smile to the Merciful's dark lips, cutting through the confusion and momentary surprise. What in the...?

Wonder coated his expression, eyes widening in pleasant surprise, honey-brown irises roaming every feature of this Riftian, for that was what he must be. While Apollo's experience with Riftian's were short and limited to only one other, he had not been disappointed in their brilliant grandeur and otherworldly appearances. They were beautiful, and unique, and like most things, he adored them. The male before him was no exception. Feathers sprouted from his body like fur, appearing soft and downy, and while he looked mostly equine, he also didn't. He was as familiar as he was strange, and immediately the overo found himself yearning to know more about this stranger.

'Does the Helovian talk to himself?'

The question came upon an accent so familiar, yet so foreign, that Apollo had to take a few moments to simply try to understand it. Did he talk to himself? Well, yes, he actually did, but the overo wondered if that was the point that this stranger was trying to make or not. Inside her satchel, safe from harm and scrutiny save for the small black tuft of her head and eyeless sockets, Zola gave a disgruntled sort of 'mrow!', and immediately the Merciful stallion realized his mistake and grinned sheepishly.

"Oh!" Glancing from the black cat in her pouch and back to the feathered Riftian, Apollo nodded his head. "Yes, I do. Her name is Zola, and I am Apollo. It's very nice to meet you. Are you... Are you a Riftian?" Then, after a moment, the Merciful went on curiously, his head tilting curiously to the side. "... How did you know that I am from Helovia?"

The name of his home, of Helovia, brought a throb of pain to his heart that served to dampen his already forlorn spirits Would it ever stop hurting? Would the yearning for his homeland ever lessen? It was a question that Apollo was uncertain if he wished to know the answer to.

One day at a time, Apollo... One day at a time.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Noitcerru

Messages In This Thread
Time is the Best Medicine... Right? - by Apollo - 08-06-2017, 04:35 AM
RE: Time is the Best Medicine... Right? - by Apollo - 08-13-2017, 01:07 AM